Industries that actually work

rhban

Having failed to find a Container port, depot, station or whatever that will actually load or unload containers, I am on the lookout for something that does work.
Back in the days of Trainz, there used to be a lot of action packed industries: barrels of beer rolling down conveyors and being stacked, men on a platform loading/unloading furniture, etc, plus you could have several steps: take iron & coal to steel works, take steel to car factory and deliver cars somewhere else, or cut down trees, take them to a lumber yard and then take a finished product to a furniture factory or whatever.
Now, it takes hours to work out the exact name of the commodity that a particular rail truck wil deign tol carry, let alone find somewhere that wants that item., so please, I would welcome suggestions for existing industries that really work in trs22.

I'm a bit behind the times with TRS22, but isn't it a matter of filtering in CM for assets of category "Industry" and manually looking at what comes up? It should pick up all assets of Kind Industry which is the Kind that has scripted interactive product queues etc.

It may also pick assets that have been assigned as Kind Industry but which don't actually have any interaction and should have been assigned Kind Scenery. I know of at least one prolific creator who used to do that frequently. Maybe there are additional filters that can weed out the imposters.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a go. Now I've almost got the hang of Surveyor 2, I was hoping trs22 would turn out to be good, but I have been rather disappointed not just with the paltry number of assets that are supplied, but with a number of others that I've found on DLS. Especially as so many that I have known and loved for so long are now ineligible for 22.

....I have been rather disappointed not just with the paltry number of assets that are supplied, but with a number of others that I've found on DLS. Especially as so many that I have known and loved for so long are now ineligible for 22.

Could you expand on what you mean by "ineligible for 22"? Apart from some old version Speedtrees and PaintShed items, I can't think of many legacy assets that just won't at least load into new editions of Trainz. I don't have TRS22, but as a creator, I'd like to know more about incompatibility of assets (previously not faulty) with later versions of Trainz.

Weren't we told that assets with kuid numbers below... I think 3500, cannot be used? I know when I do rebuild, it spends a long time caching unusable assets.

Assets below 3.5 will give a warning that they are unsupported, but are still usable. I regularly use assets below that build number without any problems, even some as low as 1.3 are still good for fill in the distance. TRS22 has more assets available to build with than any other version.
Precaching has nothing to do with unusable assets.

Last edited:
Back