Copying items

Fierogt87

Addicted to TranzDEM
It would appear that one may not ctrl-drag copy track objects... :confused:

It would be better if the object I am needing to use were a spline, but rather it is a 1 meter long trackside object that needs to be placed repeatedly onto about 4 miles of track... I've got a feeling it could be made into a spline with minimum hassle, but I don't know how to do it.

Not sure, from your post, if you are using Surveyor 2.0 (S20) or not.

In S20 to move a track object using the Free Move Tool just Left Click and Drag it along the track. This also allows you to position it off-centre from the track if required. To centre the object onto the track open its context menu (or press the T key) and select the option Reattach to Track.

In S20 to move a track object using the Fine Adjustment Tool just Left Click and Drag on the Green Anchor horizontal line and drag it along. No need to recentre it afterwards.

To clone an object in S20, hold down the Ctrl key and Left Click and Drag it using either the Free Move or Fine Adjustment Tools.

See https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_S20_Tools

Last edited:
Not sure, from your post, if you are using Surveyor 2.0 (S20) or not.

In S20 to move a track object using the Free Move Tool just Left Click and Drag it along the track. This also allows you to position it off-centre from the track if required. To centre the object onto the track open its context menu (or press the T key) and select the option Reattach to Track.

In S20 to move a track object using the Fine Adjustment Tool just Left Click and Drag on the Green Anchor horizontal line and drag it along. No need to recentre it afterwards.

To clone an object in S20, hold down the Ctrl key and Left Click and Drag it using either the Free Move or Fine Adjustment Tools.

See https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_S20_Tools

Yes, I know all this. I'm saying it doesn't work with track objects. they do not copy, they just move.

You are right, Ctlr Click and Drag does not clone track objects. It works with track splines and even rolling stock. I will post a bug report - you never know your luck.

Back