Is there a CM filter for unused KUIDs?

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Title says it all. Thinking of making a new picklist selection whatever in my Content Manager for assets that nothing else uses. Maybe its buildings from a route I deleted, maybe a bogey for a loco I couldn't download, maybe just a random texturepack or an e-spec. Anything not used by any route, session, rollingstock or by anything else - is there a filter for that in Content Manager or no?

There is no such thing as a unused kuid nor would there be anyway for CM to know they are not "connected" to anything. Every kuid is one of three things: Installed, On the DLS, or unknown.

Not directly. You can sort on User #self or put in #YOUR-UID, i.e. #124863.

With no routes or anything open for edit, which will create temporary New Assets with your KUID, sort by KUID.

If you sort ascending, meaning incrementing, you'll get the most recent KUID at the very end.

I have just spent (wasted??) a bit of time playing around with the filters to see if I could do it and came up with nothing that worked.

Either my logic skills or the filter limitations, or both, defeated me in the end.

To filter "orphan" assets that have no dependants:

• In CM > Installed: click any asset then hit Ctrl+A to select all
• Right click and select "List Dependencies Recursively"
• In the new window, click anywhere in the "Asset KUID" field, hit Ctrl+A to select all then Ctrl+C to copy the list
• Create a new filter: Installed > True, Packaged > False, AND NOT, Asset KUID
• Paste the list in "Asset KUID" field

CM displays all assets that have no dependants.

You may add filters to exclude some categories at your convenience.

Below the example of my custom filter.

j4q82h.jpg

Back