removed due to abuse received from zec

Do you mean setting Windows 10/11 to recognise the .cdp file extension as belonging to Tane.exe?

1. Open Windows Settings (Right click on the Windows Start button and select Settings)
  2. Select Apps then
  3. Select Default Apps then scroll down to the bottom of the window and
  4. Select Choose default apps by file type then scroll down the list until you see
  5. .cdp and .cdp2

They should both be assigned to TANE.exe (in your case). If not then a + sign will be used instead of the icons. In each case click the + and it should identify TANE.exe as the owner of those two file types. Not sure what happens next but some option should appear that will add this icon the TANE.exe (that should have been done automatically when you installed TANE unless something went wrong)

But is there some other meaning of your question?

Opening the TANE Launcher is exactly what it is supposed to do. The process associates a file extension (.cdp) with a particular application (TANE.exe). That is exactly what has always happened on my systems, but now with TRS22.exe (a.k.a. Trainz Plus) instead of TANE.exe.

I do not know what you were expecting.

If you wanted it to open Content Manager then you have to do what everyone else does, start the Trainz Launcher and select "Manage Content" from the list of options.

Problem resolved. I have added you to my ignore list and I have never cared about post counts.

I see nothing rude about Pware's explanation.
Perhaps you could try dragging and dropping the .cdp file onto content manager if you want to install a cdp file.
If you just want to inspect the contents, download CDP Explorer, located somewhere on the internet and created by a fellow Trainz user. It is totally safe to use and also works by drag and drop onto the .exe file for the program.

I see nothing rude about Pware's explanation.
Perhaps you could try dragging and dropping the .cdp file onto content manager if you want to install a cdp file.
If you just want to inspect the contents, download CDP Explorer, located somewhere on the internet and created by a fellow Trainz user. It is totally safe to use and also works by drag and drop onto the .exe file for the program.
..or open the Content Manager and use the menu option under "File" to open file contents

Back