Made A Session vs. Route Mistake ??

boleyd

Is there a way to transfer large track changes made in a Session to either a Route or a different Session?
Rookie error....:n:

The simple solution is to merge the session layer containing the track with the route layer containing the track. The side effect of that is that everything in that session layer will be moved into the route which may not be what you want.

Moving objects between different sessions is also possible but requires more steps and more care. Specifically:

1. load the first session with its route
  2. create a new route layer
  3. move the items from the session into the new route layer
  4. save both the route and the session
  5. load the second session with the newly edited route
  6. move the new route layer from the Route Layers Group to the Session Layers Group
  7. save

You can also use the Asset Update/Replace Tool to move specific assets between layers - but this has some limitations.

But the best solution, the one that I use, is prevent this from occurring again by locking all the layers that you are not currently using. But sometimes I forget so nothing is really fool-proof.

Last edited:
pware, I've never used the Asset Update/Replace tool to move assets between layers. Where do I access it at?
The simple solution is to merge the session layer containing the track with the route layer containing the track. The side effect of that is that everything in that session layer will be moved into the route which may not be what you want.

Moving objects between different sessions is also possible but requires more steps and more care. Specifically:

1. load the first session with its route
  2. create a new route layer
  3. move the items from the session into the new route layer
  4. save both the route and the session
  5. load the second session with the newly edited route
  6. move the new route layer from the Route Layers Group to the Session Layers Group
  7. save

You can also use the Asset Update/Replace Tool to move specific assets between layers - but this has some limitations.

But the best solution, the one that I use, is prevent this from occurring again by locking all the layers that you are not currently using. But sometimes I forget so nothing is really fool-proof.

Back