DEM Lidar Data

Thanks Colin, good to see it's not my installation then!

I've tried the Defra website, but not sure which of the following I should select - do you have any pointers you could give please?

zYwllur.png

Cheers,

PLP

Hi,

I'm now having problems using the Defra site...

I downloaded a group of files from Defra for the Reading area.
All have a similar format to yours:-

eg:- LIDAR-DTM-2m-2022-SU77ne.zip
download all the files - they're not huge, then unzip until you reach the tif file.
Repeat fro all the files.
The tif file imports directly as DEM data, but you'll need to save it as a DEM file from Transdem then open New DEM import next tif file and repeat. With all the files as DEMs, you can use the add DEM command.

WHat's happened is that your selected area has spanned two tile sections - so you have a north-east section and a south-west one. This will most likely be bigger area than you want...

HTH

Colin

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your help; I've now managed to produce my first DEM and get it in game! I've already started trackwork and it's looking to be quite good already.

In particular, @Fiergot87 your tutorial was superb, thank you very much. I've saved a copy to my PC for future reference!

Cheers,

PLP

In particular, @Fiergot87 your tutorial was superb, thank you very much. I've saved a copy to my PC for future reference!

Thats AWESOME! I'm glad it was able to help you. It's certainly not the only way to do it, but it is the method I have found to be easiest. Looking forward to seeing the progress on your route!

Last edited:
Back