3rd Party Route Download problem

After downloading a route from a reputable 3rd party provider the main CDP file is grayed out and says "Open for edit, missing dependencies”. I checked all of the assets and found only a few missing. The designer sent me those. But still the file will not “verify”. My process was:

I downloaded the file from the site. Moved it into the Routes and Sessions section of the content manager, then after a few minutes I checked for missing or faulty stuff. There a couple of assets that will not correct: a PBR-mud 4 asset that says it is "installed from DLS, faulty". Another scrap metal assets says "Open for edit, faulty". But still the main file name is grayed out. Hard to believe a PBR texture and a another simple asset is holding this up.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? I talked with the designer but he can not see why this will not load. Others have downloaded same file with no issue. I have other routes that I have created or downloaded from a 3rd party that are missing dependencies and they still load and run, just some stuff missing. I can not get this route to the point of verification (no gray) so it does not recognize/show up it when I try to run the route.

I am running a MAC but that has not stopped other 3rd party downloads before.

I looked through the WIKI pages and could not find anything relevant to this issue. Any input you have is grateful. Thanks.

I would try a database repair.

Either at the Launcher or while in Content Manager, click on the Developer menu item and then click on rebuild database. This will take a few minutes or longer depending on how much content you have.

To my understanding this route was designed using Trainz 2019. I am also running Trainz 2019. The error message says "Skipping validation as asset is incompatible". When I drill down again the only asset that shows as incompatible is one called "Prod Passengers 2020- KUID:-25:1487". I tried to just delete that asset but that is not an option. Is the message telling me the whole Route is incompatible, or just one of the assets included in the route?

I tried the rebuild via developer, but no fix there either.

The Prod Passengers 2020 appears to be associated with a passenger station as one of it's dependencies. I thought maybe I can delete the station and add a new one later. However, delete is not an option provided (it is grayed out).

A few points, assuming that everything else is normal:-

The label "Open for Edit" on an asset imported from a .cdp file almost always means that another asset with the same kuid code is already present in Content Manager.
The label "Missing dependencies" appears because Content Manager will not automatically search the DLS for those included assets in an imported .cdp file. You will need to do that manually.

I am puzzled by your statement "Moved it into the Routes and Sessions section of the content manager". Could you expand on that please?

Last edited:
The asset in question is not in root content manager, only within the route “folder” itself. I do not remember seeing a disable option, but I will look again. Delete is there but it is grayed out. The asset appears to be associated with a station asset that is built in with this incompatible asset as one of the dependencies. I tried deleting the station asset but delete will not work there either.

Is launch a menu item? I thought once the route is verified it then shows up in start section. As of now it does not show up. Thanks for your feed back.

There are a few things here that do not make any sense for me in TRS19.

The asset in question is not in root content manager, only within the route “folder” itself.

Install folders went out of Trainz years and versions ago. Now everything is in the Trainz Database. There is no "root folder" or "Routes and Sessions section" of content manager.

The "Disable" function is under the Content Manager Content Menu. DLC packages cannot be deleted in Content Manager and have to be Uninstalled through the Content Store from the TRS19 Launcher.

If the route is open for edit prior to starting Trainz with the Start Trainz option, then I imagine Trainz would grey it out. So I agree with PWare that you may have had another asset with that kuid before. I'd try committing it in CM.

The Prod Passengers 2020 is available on the DLS so you can download it although trying the Revert to original command often fixes issues like this.

The "Routes & Sessions" option in CM is just a filter for any asset that is either a route or a session.

If the route itself is incompatible then Trainz is probably saying it was created in a later build or TS19. See the build number on the bottom left of the initial start dialog.

Trainz often marks an asset as faulty when it is not. If practical, try previewing the asset using Ctrl Shift R. If it shows the asset then the asset isn't faulty using asset validation. If that works then the faulty marking will likely be gone.

A new wrinkle to my dilemma….. I tried to down load a patch even though a message popped up saying a higher version of my OS was needed. I figured it would simply just not load if that was the case (like many other softwares). Unfortunately, it downloaded the patch and now I can not access Trainz because the message says I need a newer OS version. I have a message into support to see if they can reverse my mistake. Or any idea how I can correct this myself?

On a related note, if I were to invest in a new computer, how does the Trainz software on my computer transfer and where are the routes, content, etc. kept? Is this all in the cloud? Do I need to somehow transfer data from one computer to another? Through my account would I just register a new computer and down load Trainz 2019 again? Then as an account holder would all my routes, etc. be accessible again. Is this correct? Any advise is appreciated

A new wrinkle to my dilemma….. I tried to down load a patch even though a message popped up saying a higher version of my OS was needed. I figured it would simply just not load if that was the case (like many other softwares). Unfortunately, it downloaded the patch and now I can not access Trainz because the message says I need a newer OS version. I have a message into support to see if they can reverse my mistake. Or any idea how I can correct this myself?

On a related note, if I were to invest in a new computer, how does the Trainz software on my computer transfer and where are the routes, content, etc. kept? Is this all in the cloud? Do I need to somehow transfer data from one computer to another? Through my account would I just register a new computer and down load Trainz 2019 again? Then as an account holder would all my routes, etc. be accessible again. Is this correct? Any advise is appreciated

You must be using a Mac, which sadly I can't help you with, but to answer your other question Trainz can be transferred easily. If you were to get a Windows PC, for example, you can easily install that version of Trainz. Your content can be transferred easily by placing that on an external hard drive then installing that locally on the new hard drive. After that, you then "point" to your copied user data folder and run a DBR after the program restarts. Since your username is the same, you'll be up and running in no time. Since your database is all inclusive, your DLC will be transferred over as well which means you don't need to download that again.

I know nothing about how MacOS organises its data and software but in Windows TRS19 will install itself at

C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019

and the data will be installed at

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\build <random sequence of letters/numbers>

The data can be moved to anywhere - instructions are found in the TRS19 Launcher --> Trainz Settings --> Launcher tab

The <username> and build <random sequence of letters/numbers> folders will be different for different users.

The install folder can also be moved, using a few simple but critical steps, if required.

All the assets, those that came installed with the game, were downloaded from the DLS or elsewhere, or were created by you, are stored in a large database. This database resides in the build <random sequence of letters/numbers> folder listed above and does not contain any files or folders that you would ever need or want to access directly. All access is through the Content Manager program.

My C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\ folder has several separate Trainz installs, each with their own independent data and databases.

Nothing is kept in the cloud.

It just dawned on me that I have a separate backup drive. Can I go back to the date before I added that patch and replace the startup file with the old one? Does any body know what I am looking for file wise? Is it a .exe type file? Would the file on a MAC be different that for windows (name wise)?

Back