Can't paste scrapbook items

Hi, everybody!

Creating a scrapbook item is no problem: I select something, hit Ctrl-C and that's it.

Then, problem : I select a scrapbbok item, right-click on the map where I want to paste the scrapbook's item, hit Ctrl-V and ... nothing happens.

I'm missing something very simple, obviously, but what ?

Thanks in advance,
Thierry

The main thing that I can think of is to open up your Scrapbook Filters in the Scrapbook Palette and check that the relevant filters (e.g. meshes and/or splines) are set to overwrite or add (but I cannot imagine why they would not be).

Another possibility is that your current active layer is locked.

A 3rd possibility is that you are attempting to copy and paste rolling stock objects. They cannot be added to a scrapbook.

Last edited:
Sorry for the question: did you use the "scrapebook brush" tool to past the saved scrapbook?

Thanks, pware. But none of your three possibilities is correct.

I should add that the Info Box says "No Asset Selected". I have clicked on the ScrapBook window to select an item, though...

with S20, within the brush tool, you have the scrapebook brush to clone o "paint" the scrapebook item

At the moment I'm rather dumb, I'm afraid. I have located the "Clone Scrapbook", but I can't get anything out of it!
Thanks in advance and sincere apologies.

Found it at last, by sheer luck. Far from obvious, for me, and very different from the usual copy-paste mechanism. Undocumented, also.

Back