Online Patch Error

Marinetrooper

So I was updating my TRS19 to the most up to date patch version b/c for a long time I was on "Build 105100", so I updated it twice, 1st to "Build 110491" then to "Build 111951" but now I'm trying to go to "Build 114800" but now every time I start the download and after a few minutes I get this error:
Failed to download installation data.
Result: -3. Path: "C:/Program Files/N3V Games/Patch.bin'. URL:http://d11.n3vgames.com/Patch/STREA...f 1.81 TB so I don't think that is the issue.

Last edited:
The simplest solution is to download the latest build from MyTrainz and install into the current location (or install to a different location and point the new install to the current local data folder).

I tried to update and a similar error came up.
Result: -12. Path: "C:/Program Files/N3V Games/Patch.bin'. URL:'http://d11.n3vgames.com/Patch/STREAMS/trs21_q1/490/0664350a9a0516e2befd7a0f624e4cf7.bin'

I tried to update and a similar error came up.
Result: -12. Path: "C:/Program Files/N3V Games/Patch.bin'. URL:'http://d11.n3vgames.com/Patch/STREAMS/trs21_q1/490/0664350a9a0516e2befd7a0f624e4cf7.bin'

Check that your Antivirus and firewall are not blocking TRS19 and the patcher from downloading. In your antivirus program, exclude TRS19 and its folders from real-time scanning. The antivirus program will stomp on the downloads and cause the download or install from operating properly.

There is another issue that can cause this. If you are downloading via a wireless connection, that may corrupt your download. Wireless connections sometimes have issues with large downloads. If this is the case, connecting directly to the router solves the problem.

Well I made sure that my antivirus/firewall wasn't blocking the download which trs19 was exception to the scans. But that didn't change anything so I decided to try with starting the game up in Administrator mode and did the download to "Build 114800" no problem. But now I'm doing the same thing for " SP5 Build 116678" and it is giving off pretty much the same error. I haven't tried connecting straight to the router but it wouldn't make much sense if that would be a problem if the all the other patches didn't require me to do that. Only other thing it could be is that just the time of day which I'm downloading at, so for me I have been doing this around 11pm EST which could be my internet providers time of 'downtime' b/c I have seen that some other games I do downloads for have network errors after sometime during the download, thought I'm not 100% sure if this would be the same case here. But I'd have to get a Ethernet cable to try this out.

Last edited:
Alright, problem solved as I have gotten the last 2 patches downloaded, so it does seem like it is a issue of my internet connection where for very short moments I loss connection but regain it right back, which I guess causes network error and would stop the download from continuing.

Alright, problem solved as I have gotten the last 2 patches downloaded, so it does seem like it is a issue of my internet connection where for very short moments I loss connection but regain it right back, which I guess causes network error and would stop the download from continuing.

I'm glad to hear it. A network error will surely do that.

Back