If you buy tech products online, you need to watch this video.

This is Amazon for goodness sake. I understand buying from wish.com, aliexpress and eBay is high risk but now the scammers are running amok on Amazon.

The Internet is both the best and the Worst thing to befall us. It is an unregulated system that is a highway to information and is also loaded with the world's worst people. It brings them to view, but they were always there. Selling "patent medicines" from the back of a wagon was an "early Amazon".
Thanks for the link....

I have seen products like that, and I have looked for items with lots of good reviews only to find that the majority of the reviews are for entirely different products. Somehow these cheaters can even hijack good reviews, even though they aren't for the product! Amazon really needs to clean up. I see this video covers that as well.

Last edited:
I saw that video! It's pretty scary what's being sold on the web from major suppliers such as Amazon. Linus' LTT Media has some great and honest reviews and some great shows. I've subscribed to his Floatplane media channel to get the exclusive information not available on YouTube.

For straight up electronics, look up Bigclive on YouTube. He disassembles, or as he says "takes them to bits, cheap gadgets and not so cheap tools and electronics, found on Ebay and at his local Pound Land. Some of those things are outright dangerous such as a recent air ionizer that's connected directly to the mains! The bristles weren't even isolated. and he was able to short them out.

Back