Platinum version for refurbishment

peeet2005

Hello!
I have a fundamental question for the creators of Trainz. Although the TRS19 era has already been replaced by the TRS22 era, but certainly a lot of users use the older one. Encouraged by the improvements in the Platinum version over the ordinary ones, I bought it too. At first, I transferred the old resources to the new version and somehow it worked, but there were still errors that I described recently. So I opted for a completely new version and added just a few routes that I had flawless of course with all the dependencies. Well, it turns out that while in the standard version of SP5 (build 117009) everything was OK, unfortunately Platinum found me several hundred assets that are wrong! So I fix what I can and they still show up as bad. Not to mention that there were a lot of payware that I couldn't fix :/
However, this is not the end of the fun. I repaired the database and it was OK for a while, but the next day I see another batch of bad assets. It's going to break down! All I can say is that I've been fighting with the repair of add-ons for over a week and there's no end in sight. I don't even have a way to check in driver mode if the route is OK.
To spice things up, this Platinum version currently resets to the desktop almost as often as the first versions of TANE! Drops for unknown reasons and without warning :/ Probably some wrong asset makes it impossible to enter surveyor mode! I mean it opens but a few seconds later I can already see the desktop!
Can't some memory protection mechanism be put in place to eliminate these resets? Really, as I used Trainz in many versions and was satisfied, the latter discourages the game very effectively.

Most Trainzers don't have these problems, so it must be something local to you. Sounds like you should create a pristine userdata folder and import your local assets to it. A refurbishment as you called it. Also, is there enough disk space?

I have actually done EDBRs on TRS19 platinum which have brought up bunches of faulty assets. Most of them just take a double-click or "Revert to Original" to make them OK. There seems to be some sort of flaw in the database that causes these faulty flags, but I have no idea what it is. It does make me avoid DBRs as much as possible though.

SP5 has numerous problems, including what you have described. I use 19SP1 or TRS22. If you have the storage space, always keep older versions, at least until you know which ones work for you.

I installed Platinum on a separate 250 GB SSD drive and loaded some of my routes into it, in addition to the built-in routes. Mine were created either in TRS19 SP1 or in TRS19 SP5. Of course, I also installed all the necessary assets. After this installation, I still have 100GB of free disk left. And what I mean is that there were no bugs in the older versions! However, in this "pure" Platinum there were a lot of wrong assets and also these payware. As if that wasn't enough, there were again problems with textures at the junction of regular and PBR near the tracks. Nothing like that happened with the older ones. The SP1 version seems to me the most stable and it doesn't protest against locomotive scripts. I consider the $50 spent on Platinum to be money wasted! I'm going back to SP1 :/

The problem is the versioning. with SP5, you get all versions of assets up to 5.0. Maybe if you get 4.7 with sp1 that won't be too bad, but I currently have 688 assets 4.8 through 5.0

The problem is the versioning. with SP5, you get all versions of assets up to 5.0. Maybe if you get 4.7 with sp1 that won't be too bad, but I currently have 688 assets 4.8 through 5.0

That's why I mentioned 22. So far I have not seen the issues that I did in SP5. Most every decision has 2 or more sides to it.

Back