Bulk moving session layer to route layer?

CofG509

I've noticed that a lot of what I've created was in session layer. When I go to edit route a lot dosen't show because of it. Is there a was to move everything that can be placed in route layer from the session layer without having g to go through and individually moving them to the route layer?

Another Trainz Wiki page may have a solution. See https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki...tion_2:_Move_Scenery_Objects_to_Another_Layer in the Bulk Update and Replace Tool

I think we are not on the same page. I know how to replace an item through bulk asset replace on the route. What I need to do is move everything from the session layer to the route layer because I didn't realize when I was placing the items I was putting them in session instead of the route layer. So now when I go into the edit route menu those assets are not showing because they were placed down in the session layer.

Open the layers tab.

Click on the session.

Drag that up to the route container at the top.

The session will merge into the route.

I don't have multiple layers in each. For example everything I've placed in the session layers is all in one session layer and not divided up into grouped assets. So will it still work if I drag the whole single session layer up to route layer?

I don't have multiple layers in each. For example everything I've placed in the session layers is all in one session layer and not divided up into grouped assets. So will it still work if I drag the whole single session layer up to route layer?

Yes. That's what you want to do.

A new "empty" session layer will be created the next time you load the route. Every route MUST have a session layer even if you do not add any assets to that layer.

The session layer is needed to store the "intangibles" like the weather conditions, time of day, commodity levels at industries, and many default settings.

Dragging the session layer to the route layer will create the session layer under the route layer. If you select the session layer and click on the merge icon below the layers you can select the route layer to merge into. This will then only give you one layer in the top half.

After merging, you will then need to search for all consists and individually move them back to the session layer - assuming you have placed some rolling stock at this point.

After merging, you will then need to search for all consists and individually move them back to the session layer - assuming you have placed some rolling stock at this point.

Thankfully so far I have not placed any rolling stock or locomotives down.

Back