Faulty

qbtrains

Anyone know why the assets of Sand, Diesel fuel and Ditch Lights are all faulty? How can they be since they're built in?

It happens sometimes while installing the same asset from third party content. In Content Manager, right-click on these assets and choose Rever to original. That should take care of your problem. If not, click on Developer on the menu and choose Rebuild database.

What if I told you that neither of those things worked?

Probably would ask for more specifics. Are these the loco action buttons on the driver interface? Those are all base assets (Kind non-environmental textures), have no dependents and can't be faulty after reversion. What does the error/warning report say?

Last edited:
What if I told you that neither of those things worked?

I would tell you to post more details of your errors. Exact fault code, version of the game you are using and kuids that are showing faulty or tell you operator error as there hasn't been a mass posting of peoples games being broken so it is probably something you did.

Built-in assets can be faulty. They were installed with the base version before any updates to the builds. Your original TRS19 install has had many upgrades but the original assets remain the same. Check for out-of-date assets or right-click the asset and look for asset versions.

Built-in assets can be faulty.

Yes, certain Built-in assets can be corrupted to faulty, but from the original grouping of 3 identified, only "Diesel Fuel" is a Built-in asset, and only it among the 3 can be corrupted by modification. The other two are Base, and therefore cannot be made faulty - modifications are never authorized. Nor do these 2 have dependents. Agree with sd24b something extraordinary was done to yield this condition to get 2 corrupt Base assets.

They were installed with the base version before any updates to the builds. Your original TRS19 install has had many upgrades but the original assets remain the same. Check for out-of-date assets or right-click the asset and look for asset versions.

If they are the original TRS19 assets remaining the same, not sure how an asset version list helps us. Diesel Fuel and Sand are the same version as they were in TANE, and if he modified the editable Diesel Fuel, it would not change the asset version, and he claims he already reverted to the original. Ditch Lights, new to Trainz in TRS19, has had only one release, there are no versions to see there.

Suggest qbtrains run a "view warnings and errors" to detect the fault rather than report asset versions.

Apologies. Ironically everything says "Built-In, Faulty". When I right click and hit show errors, nothing comes up. It just says "0 Errors and 0 Warnings"

Apologies. Ironically everything says "Built-In, Faulty". When I right click and hit show errors, nothing comes up. It just says "0 Errors and 0 Warnings"

giphy.gif

Right-click and view dependencies. If there's a faulty dependency that can cause an asset to be faulty.

Right-click and view dependencies. If there's a faulty dependency that can cause an asset to be faulty.

2 of the 3 were found to have no dependents (as was discovered in the next quote), and the third was built-in but reverted to original as he initially replied to you in post #3.

Yes, certain Built-in assets can be corrupted to faulty, but from the original grouping of 3 identified, only "Diesel Fuel" is a Built-in asset, and only it among the 3 can be corrupted by modification. The other two are Base, and therefore cannot be made faulty - modifications are never authorized. Nor do these 2 have dependents.

... he already reverted to the original.

Back