Uninstall Help Requested

tirediron

Hopefully this is the right place to post this... I currently have both Trainz22 and v installed on my laptop, and would like to uninstall Trainz22 to free up some much-needed space. Unfortunately, I had installed and uninstalled both Trainz22 and TrainzPlus a couple of times, and want to make sure that I don't mess this up, as I have a LOT of hours into a new route in TrainzPlus and would be very, VERY pi$$ed if I accidentally deleted it. When I go to my uninstall programs (Win 11), I see this:

Trainz_Program_Mgr.jpg

Now, I think the earliest install date should be the Trainz22 that I want to get rid of, but there are several TANE entries, including a couple with no file size....

Trainz_Program_Program_Files.jpg

In my Program Files, I have a directory for both TrainzPlus and Trainz22, that seems fairly straight forward...

Trainz_App_Data.jpg

In my User/AppData/Local/N3V Games, I have one directory, Trs22, (NO TrainPlus) and within that, two directories. The top one, "build ic1sdrc21" is a bit over 100Gb in size, while the lower, "build nsgpj2mp1" is <25Gb.

All of this to say, "What can I get rid of, and/or how can I uninstall Trainz22, leaving only TrainzPlus to free up some HDD space without "risking" my TrainzPlus route...

Thank-you!!

You only have one version of TRS22-Plus installed now. Your TRS22 version has been replaced by TRS22-Plus based on your license you purchased.

Your best bet to ensure you are removing the correct data folder is to start TRS22-Plus and at the Launcher, open Trainz Settings. Click on the Install tab and check the path to the data folder that this version uses. You then know which folder you want to keep. There's a good chance that when you upgraded to Plus, TRS22-Plus is using your original data-folder anyway.

As far as removing previous versions, it's only one copy. The patches are added to the list in the Applications and Features applet in the Control Panel. The TANE name is only the name that's referenced internally in the patch and nothing more. This is very confusing and is caused by the updater. There's only one copy of the program and these multiple entries don't refer to anything more than the same entry, therefore won't take any more space than the program takes up originally.

If you have the TRS22 Retail version it is not replaced by the TRS22 Plus version. These are now separate installs each with its own build number. Using the uninstall will not remove the "build nsgpj2mp1" folders, only the folder in your program folder.

If you have the TRS22 Retail version it is not replaced by the TRS22 Plus version. These are now separate installs each with its own build number. Using the uninstall will not remove the "build nsgpj2mp1" folders, only the folder in your program folder.

Agree, I first installed the 22 retail version and then later the plus version and I had two separate installs. I then uninstalled the retail version to save space. I used windows 11 to uninstall and did not have any problems with plus version. I am not sure what if anything it left from retail version.

Last edited:
Back