PSA Disappearing Past Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

constar261

I am posting this as a PSA To anyone with a JR account with a lot of past orders. Check your accounts to make sure that anything you have paid for is still on your accounts and if it isn't put in support tickets to have JR sort this problem out. I have been informed that by 4-5 other people they are seeing there orders are gone they can't create a support ticket.

Last edited:
Is it possible that this may have something to do with the site crashing 2 days ago?

Prior to our release yesterday we had a website issue related to a database process that overloaded our entire server. This was solely due to the amount of orders in our database dating back to 2013-2014. Old orders prior to 2018 were removed from the database at that time entirely and anything also prior to January 2022 was archived within our e-commerce system. We are working to restore at least those 2018 to current orders.

Please note that it is ultimately the customers responsibility to back up their purchased files, we cannot hold these downloads forever.

Prior to our release yesterday we had a website issue related to a database process that overloaded our entire server. This was solely due to the amount of orders in our database dating back to 2013-2014. Old orders prior to 2018 were removed from the database at that time entirely and anything also prior to January 2022 was archived within our e-commerce system. We are working to restore at least those 2018 to current orders.

Please note that it is ultimately the customers responsibility to back up their purchased files, we cannot hold these downloads forever.

Thank you! We really do appreciate the work you do for us customers. Hope this goes well.

Then why does the F.A.Q say this.
[FONT=var( --e-global-typography-text-font-family )]I lost my files, can I get them back?[/FONT]
[FONT=var( --e-global-typography-text-font-family )]All of your purchases are available anytime for download via your account. If you don’t see a past purchase in your account please open a support ticket.
[/FONT]

I lost some downloads too. As many of us are having stuff missing, I'm gonna give it some time for the list to repopulate.

Then why does the F.A.Q say this.
[FONT=var( --e-global-typography-text-font-family )]I lost my files, can I get them back?[/FONT]
[FONT=var( --e-global-typography-text-font-family )]All of your purchases are available anytime for download via your account. If you don’t see a past purchase in your account please open a support ticket.
[/FONT]

In a perfect world everything would always be available forever. That hasnt been the case as a whole for quite awhile. There was a problem back in 2013 which all prior were lost at that time. A different issue occured with this one but necessitated the same thing.

I will make the FAQ perfectly clear going forward since it seems folks want to go word for word these days on calling folks out.

Can confirm, most of my orders dating back to 2013/2014 are gone as well, though some from last year and early this year are still around.

Orders from 2018 thru current have been restored as of this posting. While we are looking at the dump of those prior to that point, those may not be accessible again. Stay tuned....this will take some time.

Last edited:
Orders from 2018 thru current have been restored as of this posting. While we are looking at the dump of those prior to that point, those may not be accessible again. Stay tuned....this will take some time.

Thanks a ton! The downloads have been restored.

I want to further clarify as some seem to have missed the first post.

We are aware that many orders were "missing" and there were no downloads on your account page. This is directly related to the site problems a few days ago, and in order to return it to functionality old orders had to be moved. If you had an order over 300 days old it was temporarily moved to another location so as to not interfere with current site traffic. Fear not, the orders and downloads are not gone for good. Your summary as well as any download links will return soon if they are not already available as I move through them. Apologies for the inconvenience it was not apparent that so many would need access to their order data that is many years old on this particular day.

That being said...

We do not guarantee that your purchased downloads will always be available, we try to make things as convenient as possible, but we can not even guarantee that product will always be available on the store. Things will get moved and updated from time to time but it is your responsibility to hang on to your downloaded content.

Edit: I believe I have successfully restored all of the previous order and download information. If there is anything further contact support.

Last edited:
We do not guarantee that your purchased downloads will always be available...

Actually, you more or less did, even if you didn't intend to.

I will make the FAQ perfectly clear going forward since it seems folks want to go word for word these days on calling folks out.

You can frame it that way if you like, but a commercial entity establishes a reasonable expectation of availability in perpetuity, so long as such entity exists, when its explicitly stated in their website that its part of what you are paying for.

Further, the downloads page shows this:

8Tko1LF.png

So you might want to update that as well. Unless your terms of sale state that this can be changed at any time without notice, you may well be liable, and required at the very least be able to manually look up and deliver paid for packges at an owners request.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back