Any New York Central and PRR E units?

I have been looking around and I didn't see a thread for this already, so I decided to ask here. I use TS2009 and I am looking to get some PRR and New York Central E units. I tried to backdate the ones that Trainz Forge had, and that went horribly. There are E8s for both railroads on the DLS, but there are no B units that match. I am specifically looking for Lightning Stripe NYC E7's and Generic Tuscan and Green PRR E units. If worse comes to worst, I'll make reskins of some other E8b's on the DLS. Thank you to anyone who helps.

Id recommend the ones on trainz forge ^^ , but you might have to backdate them to TS2009

Last edited:
They do not work in anything lower than TRS19 no matter what you do I'm afraid, You really have 2 options, Reskin the B unit to match the A units on the DLS or upgrade to 19 or 22 in order to use them.

Thanks for all the info, as for the E's, someone was able to give me Landrvr1's E units. I also will be accepting requests for Landrvr1 content once I figure out how to send it out, after I figure out how to fix his NYC E7 4014A and 4014B.

Last edited:
As I understand Landrvr1's license, it can only be sent out via email. People can request it here, but it cannot be posted to a site for download, only shared by email. I believe there is a thread for making those requests.

You'll have to post the errors. But on older assets, usually the textures are in ".texture" files. Trainz now wants them in .tga and ".texture.txt" files. But I think that is for newer versions of Trainz and not for 2009. Someone may correct me on this.
But if that is the case, you download Pevsoft's free "Images2TGA" app, open each .texture file, and "save as" the new format.

You'll have to post the errors. But on older assets, usually the textures are in ".texture" files. Trainz now wants them in .tga and ".texture.txt" files. But I think that is for newer versions of Trainz and not for 2009. Someone may correct me on this.
But if that is the case, you download Pevsoft's free "Images2TGA" app, open each .texture file, and "save as" the new format.

This is an issue with all Trainz versions.

He may also need PM2IM to convert the meshes from .pm format and to fix textures that were placed in the incorrect materials category when the models were created in G-Max decades ago. While this isn't impossible, it's an annoying time-consuming process with multiple steps.

I was able to fix it not having a texture and appearing white in-game, but now I need to find the grey.tga and grey.texture.txt files, as they are missing. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

I was able to fix it not having a texture and appearing white in-game, but now I need to find the grey.tga and grey.texture.txt files, as they are missing. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Easy.

Create a very small grey.tga in a paint program such as Paint.net 64 x 64 pixels and make one pixel black to fix the Uniform color error. When you save, make sure your text is not compressed, so uncheck that option.

Open up the asset for editing in Explorer and copy another texture.txt file.

Copy your grey.tga to the asset's folder.

Edit the .texture.txt file you copied and replace whatever texture is listed in there with grey.tga.
Save and close.

Rename that copied texture.txt file to grey.texture.txt.

I recommend saving any bits and pieces you copy, including the texture.txt files to a folder. I called my folder Misc. parts. I refer to this folder often when I need bits and pieces to fix assets. In there are all kinds of textures including grey, black, road textures and so on. It saves a lot of time when I'm fixing or modifying an asset. It's like having a scrap box on the workbench.

Back