Can't add custom traffic to region

GTAce

I choo choo chooose youu!
Hey guys, for whatever reason is TRAINZ 2022's default Germany region not having German traffic at all, so I tried to create my own region with more fitting cars. Not a single car I tried works though. Never mind what I try, every car except the default ones cause an error, including some obviously made for traffic with SFX, lights etc. What am I doing wrong? I followed all tutorials I could find, nothing works.

when I updated my region Italy no cars were running anymore as they were with a built too old. I upgrade the cars too and trafic restarted flowing.

Show the entire config of your region so others can check it and see if they get the same errors, or not. Also (and this may seem like a silly question, because I don’t have TS22), have you made sure to enable traffic in your route? In earlier versions of trainz it is a setting in the environment panel.

Another thing to check. A car object can be a normal object, or a track object, even they might look the same.

The ones that work for region road traffic have to be track objects.

Show the entire config of your region so others can check it and see if they get the same errors, or not.

This was the latest test I did:

kuid <kuid:273415:100450>
kind "region"
username "GTAce Region data for Germany 2020 - 2029"
category-class "YX"
category-era "2020s"
category-region "DE"
ontheright 1
watercolor 75,128,255
defaultjunction <kuid:61119:24120>
default-texture <kuid:-25:1180>
trainz-build 5.2
longitude 147,26,1
latitude 41,50,-1
altitude 212
car0 <kuid:610762:110008>

thumbnails
{
{
width 240
height 180
image "thumbnail.jpg"
}
}
description "Vehicle, road, water and geographic data for Germany in the 2020s"

kuid-table
{
0 <kuid:61119:24120>
1 <kuid:610762:110008>
2 <kuid:-25:1180>
}

Also (and this may seem like a silly question, because I don’t have TS22), have you made sure to enable traffic in your route? In earlier versions of trainz it is a setting in the environment panel.

Traffic works fine with the default regions.

GTAce,

I tested your Region in TANE (since I don't have TS22), so I needed to change the trainz-build from 5.2 to 4.5.

The only error was "default-texture tag is not valid". I expect this is only because default-textures were introduced in a later version of trainz, such as TS22. So, not really a fault in your region. I deleted that tag and the region became fault-free.

It worked first time. The region's altitude setting of 212 metres triggered some snow because my test route has a snowline at 90 metres. Whatever your fault is, it must be specific to TS22 so I can’t really help further.

WZoJ4gR.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps the problem is not in the Region asset itself, but in the car it is trying to use. It obviously works in TANE, but TS22 might be more strict in its validation requirements. Could you run an error check on the Lothar Hake car and the mesh library it depends on, using TS22’s Content Manager? It might reveal something.

Last edited:
Back