Major wreck in Ohio

I have been following this on the TV news. Thank you for posting a much more in depth and informative article!

Thank you for sharing,

Looks like like NTSB is going over this one with a fine tooth comb, and if? They find some things, not right, it ain't going to end up good for that Railroad!

No one likes be in this type of situation.....I pray for the Crew and all of those trying to contain this Tanker on fire.

"The NTSB continues to gather any perishable evidence from the scene and analysis of the incident will begin once all evidence is gathered. Any safety recommendations to prevent future accidents will be made after the analysis period, NTSB official Michael Graham said."

This is a 2 hour drive away, so it is getting a lot of coverage here in Pittsburgh. Sometime today they were supposed to put a hole in one of the tankers that is in danger of exploding. This hole supposedly will allow the vinyl chloride to go into a ditch that they have dug. Once in the ditch, they are, again, supposedly to ignite the liquid with flares. I hope it works, but it doesn't sound safe to me.

Update on Derailment in Ohio

It appears a defect detector detected a defect on a car not long before the derailment, according to the NTSB.

Thanks for posting that, Jordon412. A very informative video, and I'd love to have that whole education consist in Trainz! Especially the loco!

Pollution from Ohio train wreck headed toward Louisville.

Pollution from Ohio train wreck headed toward Louisville. What water company officials say (msn.com)

After a massive plume of black smoke rose above an East Palestine, Ohio, train derailment, and dead fish turned up in nearby waterways, communities up and down the Ohio River began to consider their own risk of chemical exposure.But officials with the Louisville Water Co. and Air Pollution Control District say they are monitoring the situation and don't anticipate any danger to local residents.The violent 50-car Norfolk Southern train crash triggered evacuations for the small Ohio town on Feb. 3, as large quantities of vinyl chloride and other contaminants entered the environment. Since then, authorities have assured people near the crash site that it's safe to return to their homes. A federal lawsuit has already been filed by residents over the event'
Background:Evacuation order lifted around East Palestine train derailment site as cleanup continues

This is a major problem and where are all environmentalist? Or for that matter the powers that be? Mainstream media seems to be reluctant to really be asking many tough questions. My heart goes out to any people affected by this whole situation.

Looks like the Government is trying to turn down the screws. The current laws are weak due to millions$$ going to crooked politicians for them to vote against better regulation. The revelation of Norfolk Southern lobbying effort/bribes is disgusting. Can't expect much change as long the Congress is "on the take". Check the record of your local wealthy politician to see how they voted.

This is a major problem and where are all environmentalist? Or for that matter the powers that be? Mainstream media seems to be reluctant to really be asking many tough questions. My heart goes out to any people affected by this whole situation.

Exactly right

Back