Scrapbook paste (Ctrl-V) problem

schweitzerdude

First a suggestion to N3V - make this sub-forum on the same level as the others, instead of a sub-forum of Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022. Now it is too easy to overlook, so some posts that should be here are instead made to Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022, and others like me overlook this sub-forum.

Now to my Scrapbook paste problem: In Surveyor Classic, when you are ready to paste a copied area, you can see exactly where it will go. And of course, it will be the same size as what you copied. But in S2.0, assuming you want the paste area to be the same size as the copy area, you can't determine where to click the mouse before the Ctrl-V because there is no outline. Of course, you have the opportunity to select the paste area, which is good, but you would have to know the size of the copy area and then do some measuring and math to insure you click exactly in the middle.

So, I end up pasting off to the side, switch to Classic, and do the usual copy and paste to precisely place the Scrapbook item. But having to switch to Classic defeats the purpose of using S 2.0.

What is needed is a way to visualize where precisely the paste will go before the Ctrl-V. Probably an additional menu item is needed.

Some good points there. I have been experimenting with pasting scrapbooks and found, as you point out, that not knowing the original scrapbook size can be an issue.

My workaround is to use the Brush Tool set to Scrapbook Data and Brush Clone with the scale set to 100% and start painting from the centre point working outwards in a circular motion.

The trick here is not to use copy & paste, but simply create a clone and move that.

Solution:
1. Marquee select the area you want to copy
2. Hold Ctrl and drag on the marquee anchor
3. Your whole selection is moved
4. Drag to the destination
5. Once there, you can also rotate to any direction using the coloured circles on the anchor.

Variation to move just the objects and not the terrain and ground textures:
1. Marquee select the area you want to copy
2. Change to the Fine Adjustment tool (or Free Move tool)
3. L-Click and drag on any of the selected objects or splines.
4. Drag these to the new location
5. Once there, you can also rotate to any direction using the coloured circles on the anchor.

The trick here is not to use copy & paste, but simply create a clone and move that.

Thanks for the advice Tony. Today I learned something, and it works. I'm happy, because without this process, selecting and moving always meant not having the textures and terrain accompany objects and splines.

Back