Coal and water for engines

AntonyVW

Is there an industry that will fill an engine with coal and water? I know there used to be one called "Industry Steam Filler", but as I cant find it on the download station, I presume its not available any more. Is there anything similar? Or are there any coal staithes/water towers that fill the same function? This is for a small branch terminus so I dont want a huge coal plant.

Thanks
Antony

Searching in CM for
Installed = false
Category = Industry
Keyword = Coal
Shows 415 variants

Changing the keyword to water shows 133 variants of industries that dispense water.

There are 2 available at the DLS:
<kuid:117140:10053> Steam Filling Station
<kuid:-25:876> Steam Filling Station

Peter

What I've done in the past is use the old Multiple Industries interactive track and set it up to load coal and water. Once it's laid in place it can be dressed up with whatever water tanks or water towers, water cranes, coal bunkers & etc that you might fancy to set the scene.

I guess the key there is hoping to find an overlap that does both.

True, it is even further complicated by trying to find a coaling station industry that both consumes and produces coal. The Steam Filling Station for example just magically produces coal out of thin air as it cannot receive coal deliveries. Don't forget that you also should have a source of dry sand and and ash pit to dump the ashes from the firebox.

Annie has the best method. Use MINs to handle the loading and unloading and pick whatever building suits the image you are creating. Pencil42 has some great old water towers and BenDorsey has a ton of coaling facilities. They both show up using the searches above.

Idk why this happened, but recently a bunch of my steam locomotives tenders became faulty because of the water load. The water load on all of my steam engine tenders became faulty and says its missing a texture.txt file. Does anyone else have this problem, and do they know how to fix it?

Idk why this happened, but recently a bunch of my steam locomotives tenders became faulty because of the water load. The water load on all of my steam engine tenders became faulty and says its missing a texture.txt file. Does anyone else have this problem, and do they know how to fix it?

In content manager, right-click on the faulty assets and choose Revert to Original.

If that doesn't work, run a database repair by clicking on the Developer menu item and then clicking on Rebuild database.

Back