Faulty error on DLS assets

Something strange is happenning. Whenever I try to download KUIDS for assets from the DLS, they immediately show up as faulty, even though they have no errors. It resolves itself after double-clicking the "faulty" asset, but I have no idea why it's doing this.

By "immediately" do you mean during the download process? By "faulty" do you mean "missing dependencies"?

Many downloads (e.g. almost all routes and sessions, some rolling stock items, etc) actually have many (sometimes a 100 or more) separate assets built into them and these assets have to be downloaded as well. There can be a delay between the download of the route asset and all of its assets. During that delay the route will be labelled as "Faulty, missing dependencies". By the time you double-click the "missing dependencies" have been downloaded and installed.

If the above explanation is not the case then a description of the fault label and the name (or better still, the kuid number) of an asset would be helpful.

What's happening is I'll find a faulty asset (as in an object, not a route) in Content Manager, check the missing dependencies, download them, which immediately list themselves as faulty (even though there are no error warnings), double-click the downloaded KUID, and it unlists itself as faulty.

Run a database repair.

At the Launcher, click on the Developer tab and choose Rebuild database.

After that completes, check your faulty assets again.

If you see any, highlight them, right click and choose view errors and warnings.

This will clear any error messages that didn't clear after the repair process. If you have any further errors, you need to investigate the faulty assets.

As I just posted in another thread, once the list is clear of errors then double click and it should work...no idea why.

Kind regards,

Gary

I would follow John's advice and do a DBR or EDBR. It sounds some of the indexes are not in good shape and are loosing track of installed assets. A DBR will rebuild the indexes. This behavior is common if you have virus and/or malware software scanning your local data folder. If this is happening then you should exclude the folder from scans.

Back