The Water Layer

I tried to delete one of my water layers, but it still seems to be there. Some of my large expanses of water now look very strange!

Are you using Surveyor Classic or Surveyor 2.0?

In Surveyor 2.0 you can hide the effect layers so it is easier to see which layer is which.

I would suggest the following in Surveyor 2.0:-

1. Hide the first water layer (I am assuming that you have more than one). You do this in the Layers Palette by clicking the Eye icon next to the layer name to close the eye.
  2. If the water layer you want to delete disappears then delete that layer (right mouse click on the layer name and select Delete Layer)
  3. If the layer has not disappeared then "unhide" it (click its Eye again) and try the next layer

Are you using Surveyor Classic or Surveyor 2.0?

In Surveyor 2.0 you can hide the effect layers so it is easier to see which layer is which.

I would suggest the following in Surveyor 2.0:-

1. Hide the first water layer (I am assuming that you have more than one). You do this in the Layers Palette by clicking the Eye icon next to the layer name to close the eye.
  2. If the water layer you want to delete disappears then delete that layer (right mouse click on the layer name and select Delete Layer)
  3. If the layer has not disappeared then "unhide" it (click its Eye again) and try the next layer

I don't think I've ever seen that eye icon. I am assuming I reach this palette by clicking "edit layers" from the same place as edit route, edit session, etc.

On the left side under the asset selection windows, you select the effect layer and this will show any TFX, Clutter, and Water layers. further down comes the route and session layers. The eye icon is on the right of each layer.

Interesting. When I began this first attempt at creating a route in trs22 using entirely Surveyor 2, the effect layer selection in the asset selection window did indeed behave in the way you describe. Now, it just gives me a list of items and clicking on them does nothing. The only way I can. edit layers at all, is to select it from under the Edit Route, Edit Session, etc. at the top of the screen. I tried deleting from there, but it didn't go away.

In the Layers Palette, next to the Effect Layers name is a "+" sign. Click this to add a new effect layer. Once created it will appear with the name you give it under the Effect Layer title with an eye icon (to hide/unhide) and a padlock icon (to lock/unlock).

Right mouse click on the name of your new layer to bring up its options menu. Delete, Rename and Edit will be the three options presented.

Finally found it - the + sign which led to the eye. Doesn't seem to let me delete a layer, but it offers Hide, which I will try.

You delete a layer by right mouse clicking on its name and selecting Delete from the popup menu.

You delete a layer by right mouse clicking on its name and selecting Delete from the popup menu.

I have finally deleted the unwanted layer. Thank you for your patience.

It's still taking a while to clear things up. This is so much more complicated than what we had before, so I don't think I dare touch the clutter layer.

Clutter and TurfFX layers are easier to understand and use than the Water layer which I am just starting to come to grips with. Perhaps it just takes experience and practice.

Back