How to fix an obsolete asset avalible for download?

AlextheAC4400

The title pretty much explains it. I am downloading some new locomotives and rolling stock but while downloading some missing dependences off of the DLS I tried downloading one only for it to not download and say it was obsolete but still available for download. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!

If an asset is listed as "Obsolete" then it has been replaced by a updated version that is already installed in your copy of Trainz. The "Available for download" simply means that, despite being obsoleted, you can still download and install this version if you wanted to.

To check this right mouse click on the asset labelled as "Obsolete" and select "List Asset Versions" from the menu list. This will reveal the name and kuid of its replacement, which may be different from the original. The replacement could even be "Packaged" which means it was installed in a DLC package.

See https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki..._Manager_Status_Labels#Available_for_Download for more details.

As Pware said, "Obsolete" means you already have the new version, otherwise it would say "Newer version available".

Quote while downloading some missing dependences off of the DLS I tried downloading one only for it to not download and say it was obsolete but still available for download.

He said it was missing from his installs but the DLS only has a later version. The newer version may be in a DLC package.

Without knowing the names (and kuids) of the locos and the error messages there is little anyone can offer to solve your problem.

Back