I know California Psychics Outsourced their TV Commercials Because . . .

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
. . . It takes place in a Brightline Station and on a Brightline train, which is in Florida, on the other side of the country. And you think they wouldn't expect people to notice that? Don't expect me to download their app!

You might be overestimating the care factor of 99% of people

You might be right. I just don't get why a Brightline train would appear in a commercial for a company based in California. I mean, if you want to make it appear that you're in California, use things from California.

Only a select few would know the difference. Like me living in Burbank I cant tell you how often I see local things on TV and movies all the time that are supposed to be no where near here. And don't get me started on how quick characters will get from one place around LA to another. Even without factoring in traffic.

You might be right. I just don't get why a Brightline train would appear in a commercial for a company based in California. I mean, if you want to make it appear that you're in California, use things from California.

My guess is the production company that made the commercial is in Florida and they used a nearby location for the shoot to increase their profit on the job. When I worked with production companies in the 80s the golden rule was is the client happy. Nothing else mattered.

Reminds me of how the Netflix series "Sweettooth" had several scenes set on and around trains. Well, it was filmed in New Zealand, but supposedly takes place in California->Colorado.

You've never seen such non-North American looking rolling stock in all your life. Even if it is "near future" almost all were box cars (well probably goods wagons) with end doors lots of open aisles to allow for thrilling chases thru the train. (Which brings to mind Captain America and the Nazi train they boarded with its ridiculously roomy cargo hauling cars for fight scenes - even if it was supposed to be "1940s hitech")

Back to Sweet Tooth, the locos were steam, tho again nothing that runs of NA rails. And all had 3 or 4 chime air horns, or thats what you heard.

A) You use what's at hand B) most of the folks in charge don't know the details.

And lastly "California Psychics" isn't where I'd look for anything remotely connected to reality. LOL.

Back