CDP Files and Storge

BNSF650

*Got BN Payware*
Does anyone know why my CDP Files are taking up so much space on my C Drive? I have steam set to my other drive but for some reason i keep getting this error

52651568473_e5a5eb94e7_b.jpg
[/URL]Screenshot 2023-01-24 201511 by Erik Edmonds, on Flickr[/IMG]
dateposted-public

Are you trying to move them while Trainz is running? If so, you would probably have to do an export/import or something.

Looks more like a permissions error. Your user folder is involved. Windows is quite protective of any sub-folder under "users."

Bill

If you have a Drive other than Drive C, move your Trainz there. Works out great.
Also probably need to exclude your AV software from scanning the Trainz folders.

Fred Bray

I have two different drives. My steam drive is going to my dedicated drive for Trainz. But for what ever reason these CDP Files are taking up all my C Drive. Where are these going and how can i fix this issue?

I'd start by going the splash window for each game (TANE, TRS19, and TRS22 -- the earlier games don't have that option) and click on the "Install" tab. This will show you where you've set the game to put all your content. If one of them is on your C:\users\...... drive, then that's the one storing all those files and making your C drive sluggish. If you find it, there are instructions for moving the folder to another drive.

From your first photo, it would appear that TRS19 is the culprit.

Bill

Back