Some questions

nicola86

Hi; I wanted to know if it is possible to change the cab interior of some locomotives (GP38, GP40 and SD40-2) a little dated and set up with ditchlights on the side of the high hood, with the more recent one that allows you to rotate the view of the cab using the combination of "Alt+C" keys.

How come, after the update to the SP5 of Trainz 2019 Platinum, it is no longer possible to make one or more locomotives travel in a train with the engine off (for those very few that have this function) without incurring annoying slippages.

Or is it the latest version of the Train FX Libraries?

"Hi; I wanted to know if it is possible to change the cab interior of some locomotives (GP38, GP40 and SD40-2)" =Yes.

Change the cab in the configuration file.

"set up with ditchlights on the side of the high hood" Yes

Use PEV1 attachment maker and add the ditchlights, this is not a plug and play option, you will have to learn how to use the program. You can use the search function in this form for better information on how to use it then I can explain.

"with the more recent one that allows you to rotate the view of the cab using the combination of "Alt+C" keys." =No idea what you are talking about

"How come, after the update to the SP5 of Trainz 2019 Platinum, it is no longer possible to make one or more locomotives travel in a train with the engine off (for those very few that have this function) without incurring annoying slippages." = The models with this feature were built for older versions of the game would be my guess, they are older to the point that I no longer use them.

Thank you fourteen and sd24b.

Another question for both of us: do we need to add some other dependent objects in the config besides the cabin, like the "cab shell" object?

Hi; I wanted to know if it is possible to change the cab interior of some locomotives (GP38, GP40 and SD40-2) a little dated and set up with ditchlights on the side of the high hood, with the more recent one that allows you to rotate the view of the cab using the combination of "Alt+C" keys.

Probably not without a proper shell asset to go with them.

How come, after the update to the SP5 of Trainz 2019 Platinum, it is no longer possible to make one or more locomotives travel in a train with the engine off (for those very few that have this function) without incurring annoying slippages.

Or is it the latest version of the Train FX Libraries?

This simply indicates something changed in the game itself, TFX did not change in regards to this. Since the locomotives using such features are pretty old, the feature has likely not been tested at any length in current versions and there are no immediate plans to update this particular code.

Probably not without a proper shell asset to go with them.

I tried to make an attempt on the BN GP38-2 (kuid2:45324:100006:1) by replacing the cabin with this one (kuid2:45324:90004:3 EMD dash 2 cab mechanism type 1) and adding this asset shell present in the BN GP50 (kuid2:45324:91175:1> BN GP50 cab shell), but the result was that the view in the cabin was absent: did I miss some step?

This simply indicates something changed in the game itself, TFX did not change in regards to this. Since the locomotives using such features are pretty old, the feature has likely not been tested at any length in current versions and there are no immediate plans to update this particular code.

Ah ok.

Back