Content Manager issue

casey00

So this problem is quite litterally keeping me from being able to use content I've bought.
Every time I try and download absolutely anything from the download station via content manager, even things that should download normally and used to, it ends up failing and saying "Connection Interrupted". I can't figure this out for the life of me, no matter what i've tried. I've gone through redownloading the game, I have reinstalled twice, logged in over and over, authenticated downloads and the game version, moved download folders, restarted computer, and everything I can think of. I have a gold membership and 31 days on a first class ticket, so it's not the stupid FCT issue people keep telling me, I have that, been there, done that. I need some sort of anwsers before I murder this game and everything in it. Please...

Thanks, Zhenia

(Attached is a screenshot of the issue)

(Attached is a screenshot of the issue)

You'll need to post the image onto a website then link to that; you can't just put it on the forums from your computer.

Here are some things to check for your connection issue:
There are a number of causes.

It could be your router or network connection; this is particularly true of wireless connections when it comes to large files.

It could be your ISP is having issues with service due to bad weather. You don't indicate where you're located but the southern US has severe weather at the moment and there have been ice and snowstorms in the north as well as floods in the west.

It could be you are using a VPN.

Your antivirus is interrupting the connection. We recommend excluding your Trainz program and folders from antivirus scanning for this and performance reasons.

Peter

I recently posted this response on the DLS thread: Is this non-FCT or FCT? Is it happening in both T:ANE and TRS19 or other (I don't have others, so can't comment)? Is it happening with ALL downloads, or only larger assets? By that I mean anything over about 1MB in T:ANE and maybe somewhat larger in TRS2019. Both T:ANE and TRS19 have trouble completing non-FCT downloads that are megabytes in size. T:ANE actually finishes the download but doesn't seem to know it. If you right-click the asset and select "Download" again, it will just install, because it sees it has it. Unfortunately, with TRS19 it is worse. It will throw a disconnected error, and then will start all over again, so it takes twice as long to download. With SP5 I don't see the actual error so much, but I see the thermometer reach the end of the download and then start over again at the beginning, indicating that maybe now it is automatically starting again without throwing an error. At least this has been my experience for almost ten years now.

Hi,
for my better understanding, are you trying to download using the tab “download station” at the top of the forum page?
or using the content manager button from the Trainz launcher?

the former takes you to the “white pages”, but you’ll need a ftp client to download - most browsers have now removed this feature…

Colin

My grain of salt: For over 2 years now, I can't download anything from DLS. Why? My ISP does not support FTC port 21. Possibly yours dropped this? How do I solve the problem? Take the laptop to a Wi-Fi place that uses an ISP that access it and work from there. Very convenient, yes? Obviously I have searched and re-searched this and got "smart" answers such as "port 21 is dangerous" or is "obsolete". Go figure...

Per Stagecoaches link, the FTP clients should support Secure FTP, or SFTP, on port 22, which hopefully your ISP does not block. It blocks port 21 because that is considered insecure. The first two on the list, Filezilla and WinSCP are both considered very good free apps.

Have to try. However, as per T-Mobile, my gateway blocks port 21 because it is also blocked at the head of their network, and should not be used. Why if 21s is insecure and not supported, N3V uses it?

FTP was supported when the system was introduced almost 20 years ago. Sadly we are unable to control browser or isp settings.

We recommend using the in-game Content Manager for downloads.

Tony, as mentioned in several posts, not all content shows up in CM, so people turn to the white pages to find some assets. Any chance the CM can be more comprehensive? Also, is SFTP being supported on port 22?

The items that don't show up are, afaik, intentional. They are faulty and part of the Content Repair Group listing.
If not, please submit a bug report listing some example KUIDs and we'll take a look.

this game should have mods and assets on the Steam Workshop and have it install them like Cities Skylines, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo among others...

Back