several Assets ( object) that are below ground will not delete

LIneAxe

several Assets ( object) that are below ground will not delete Actually I can't even grab them to identify them no matter where I click when I try. Now I have a few more objects below the ground grid that I can't get rid of. What do I do? I don't think "delete missing assets" will help since the assets are not missing. They are on the map and not missing that is. Anyhow , :eek::sleep::confused:

First, make sure they aren't on a locked layer.

If they aren't....

I don't know if there's an option to turn on to make this work or not (look for somehting about "show kuid" in the settings) but you may be able to use the "grabber" tool (the one that selects and object in the assets list when you click on it in the world) to get the KUID. That tool will show the KUID as you hover over objects.

Take note of the KUID s.

Then find those assets in content manager, highlight them, and export them to cdps.

Then delete them.

Then delete missing assets.

If they are built in, you can open then for edit - and try to make them faulty (delete the mesh and submit) then again delete missing assets.

Once its cleared up, just reinstall the cdps or "revert to original" if it was built in.

First, make sure they aren't on a locked layer.

If they aren't....

I don't know if there's an option to turn on to make this work or not (look for somehting about "show kuid" in the settings) but you may be able to use the "grabber" tool (the one that selects and object in the assets list when you click on it in the world) to get the KUID. That tool will show the KUID as you hover over objects.

Take note of the KUID s.

Then find those assets in content manager, highlight them, and export them to cdps.

Then delete them.

Then delete missing assets.

If they are built in, you can open then for edit - and try to make them faulty (delete the mesh and submit) then again delete missing assets.

Once its cleared up, just reinstall the cdps or "revert to original" if it was built in.

That will work but you need to make sure that the asset is not used elsewhere, or it will be deleted also.

Have you tried copying then pasting a small area of blank baseboard over the asset remembering to select the type of asset you wish to delete beforehand.

Axe --

Dunno if this will help, but I encountered a similar problem with an object that I could not delete. I did eventually find a solution after delving deep into the bowls of these forums. This is the aide memoire that I made for future reference:
___

Delete - when all else fails

Track / objects / ... that will not delete delete.

Create a layer called Delete

Open Track / Objects / ... flyout.

Click on ?
Click on the track / objects one at a time.
Move them from the route layer to the Delete layer.

Delete the layer called Delete.

The track / objects should disappear.​
_____

Tell us if this helps in your situation.

Phil

An alternative to Frogpipe's method is to disable the assets rather than delete them. Then they will show on the route as missing assets. After deleting missing assets, you can just re-enable them. That avoids the issue That Lewsicc65 mentioned, other than while they are disabled, they will show up as missing in any routes they are in.

An alternative to Frogpipe's method is to disable the assets rather than delete them. Then they will show on the route as missing assets. After deleting missing assets, you can just re-enable them. That avoids the issue That Lewsicc65 mentioned, other than while they are disabled, they will show up as missing in any routes they are in.
I am sorry Foester1, but this alternative will delete all instances of the asset on the route as well.

Ah, of course. Sorry, I misunderstood, was thinking you meant on other routes. You are by all means correct, and I stand corrected.

I did fix this by using the Tools for Copy/Paste objects and it wiped everything out and let me rebuild the section without the corrupted road-train cross track sections.

Back