Lighthouse

pinorev

le Landais
I'm looking for this kind of Lighthouse, if anyone has any info I'm interested, (the image is not clear but we can guess the shape) ;)

phare-595c965.jpg

Do you know what kind of lighthouse it is? Maybe the name of an existing IRL building?

I could build this for you as a scenery item, if I had some good reference pics to work from

Rico

EDIT: I have found images of light houses built on frameworks, but none that look like your original pic.

Pater Noster in Sweden >

FONyqyPXEAYIw7b

Sanibel Island in Florida, USA

1280px-SanibelLightXmas.jpg

Fowey Rocks in Florida, USA

800px-Fowey_Lighthouse.jpg

Marblehead Light - Massachusetts, USA - This one is the closest in design, as far as the framework is concerned.

IMG_252_2.JPG

4 different, but similar lights in Belize > https://www.ibiblio.org/lighthouse/blz.htm

Crooked River Light, (Carabelle) in Florida, USA

Carrabelle_lths04.JPG

Last edited:
The lighthouses are still nice though. I've actually seen and stood next to the one located in Marblehead, MA. Marblehead is located about 35 miles southeast of me. There are two harbors here. Marblehead harbor is a small harbor used today by pleasure boats and is a beautiful small bay with big Victorian mansions located on its shoreline. There's a yacht club on the Neck and there's a cup race during the summer. The other harbor is Salem Harbor which was at one time more industrial. There are old warehouses, the site of a power plant now removed, and all kinds of piers. Like most harbors in the area, this one too has been gentrified and there's little industry left there.

While on the subject of lighthouses, here's another located in Newburyport on Plum Island.

https://goo.gl/maps/WqxNEeSLCK7cYiMn9

Good morning
if I had to choose one it would be the one in the first photo, it looks like the one I was looking for

The lighthouses are still nice though. I've actually seen and stood next to the one located in Marblehead, MA. Marblehead is located about 35 miles southeast of me. There are two harbors here. Marblehead harbor is a small harbor used today by pleasure boats and is a beautiful small bay with big Victorian mansions located on its shoreline. There's a yacht club on the Neck and there's a cup race during the summer. The other harbor is Salem Harbor which was at one time more industrial. There are old warehouses, the site of a power plant now removed, and all kinds of piers. Like most harbors in the area, this one too has been gentrified and there's little industry left there.

While on the subject of lighthouses, here's another located in Newburyport on Plum Island.

Yeah. I like all of them, LOL. Of course Pinorev would pick the design with the literal spiderweb of tension bars..... Oy vey. I build lighthouses in cardstock as a hobby, so this type of project is right up my alley.

Right now, I'm trying to finish my new MRR NG layout for Trainz, and get it released, and finish up the huge rocks project for dangavels D&SPP project. Then I can jump on some lighthouses. I did recently build a really tall and complex U.K. windmill for Etozorak, so I have a good handle on how to build these lighthouses. Similar process.

The kuid is <kuid2:521966:21390:1> RC Leach Mill Windmill - Wisbech U.K. if you're interested JCitron.

I'll take a request for a lighthouse if you'd like. I could use a break from building U.S. NG buildings all the time.

Rico

It's very kind of you, but I stay in the French countryside I no longer go to the seaside for my Maps , so if you want to do it this lighthouse it will be for the community

It's very kind of you, but I stay in the French countryside I no longer go to the seaside for my Maps , so if you want to do it this lighthouse it will be for the community

No worries.

Yes, I will likely build a few that I like, unless I get a request from another Trainzer.

Rico

Back