Help with Thomas routes

gregs291

Helping my 12 yr old son who recently installed Simulator 2019. We've been able to find and install some locomotives and trucks. But the routes have been a challenge because of so many missing dependencies, unknown assets, modified faulty assets. Is Simulator 2019 his best bet for the Thomas content? Any advice on resources for us to learn more?

Any of the sims are the best depending on the content you install, there's just alot of deps you may be missing. Mostly, if i'm not mistaken, the SI3D 09/10 content that isn't publicly avaliable anymore

Any of the sims are the best depending on the content you install, there's just alot of deps you may be missing. Mostly, if i'm not mistaken, the SI3D 09/10 content that isn't publicly avaliable anymore

Hmm . I found and downloaded some SI3D content from archive.org .

Yea, a lot of TTTE content got deleted in 2018 when SI3D shut down because someone re-released their old 2009 models. I don't really dabble in TTTE Trainz content anymore because of this (and just the models took up 30 GB of space), but it is a bit annoying to have to hunt down all the deps. Sodor Workshops is your best bet for those assets at this point, and I don't think their routes include all of the dependencies from memory... that could've changed tho or I was just always wrong...

Good luck with getting TTTE content up for your son!

The one thing some of the better TTTE route creators are very good at is landscapes and town building and for that reason alone I've downloaded their routes from time to time just to see how they've done things. I have quite a few SI3D assets archived away, but I certainly don't have them all {Please don't ask me for them because that's illegal and against copyright). Most of the missing items that can't be found anywhere else are 'clutter' or small scenic items which can safely be ignored, but there are some larger buildings like a roundhouse that are gone for good. I have noticed though that some other TTTE content makers are making replacement assets for some of the old SI3D models so it is possible with a bit of effort to work around the missing assets problem.

Back