Carz randomly appearing on roads

Quasar_24

Hello,

Recently, I bought Trainz 19 to finish a map I started in Trainz Driver 2. The map import was done today after some trouble, and I'm happy to report that it imported mostly intact, but when I went to start polishing the scenery, I noticed something: cars. More specifically, cars from the Carz set that appear at the beginning of a road spline, drive to the end, and disappear. I'm sure there's a way to design the roads with this in mind, but as the route's build was done on TD2, I was not privy to that knowledge. Honestly, I'd rather not have carz driving all over the place popping in and out of existence, but I see no way to stop them. Anyone more experienced with the game who can help?

What you are seeing is pretty normal for Trainz and has been since the early days. These randomly generated carz come and go along the length of road and add "life" to the route. They will stop at crossings, beep and drive along the roads. There's not much control of them except at crossings.

They can be removed, though by changing the Region to default. You do this by editing the Route within Surveyor - click on Edit Route... under the Edit Menu.

The alternative is to replace the roads with roads without traffic. There are lots of them on the DLS that you can use. I don't mind the traffic and I use NO Traffic roads for those places where traffic is not really appropriate such as in and around mills, back streets such as a dead-end residential street, where seeing a truck or loads of cars traveling down the street to be out of place.

If you want to, you can also edit roads to not have traffic by changing the carrate to 0 (zero) in the config.txt file. If you do this, clone the road so you have your own no traffic version. Keep in mind that you can't upload this modded road without permission from the original author, so if you plan on uploading, then this isn't a viable solution.

Back