how to make a video clip in Trainz 19

Fwb

Hi everyone - can anyone tell me if there is a tutorial on how to make a video clip in Trainz 19.
Thanks - Frank

There's no direct tutorial. You use third-party or built into Windows tools to capture the video to disk.

Windows for instance has the Game Bar which has the ability to record videos of anything. You click on the red dot and record while you use Trainz. When you're done, you stop recording and the file is written to disk. The files can be quite large even for a small clip, so keep that in mind.

The major video card companies such as NVidia have built-in video capture capabilities as well available with their software. Using NVidia's Geforce Experience program, you can enable the video capture and do a similar thing with that as you can with the Game Bar.

And finally, there are third-party tools such as OBS and Fraps to do a similar thing.

Once you've captured and saved the video, you need to post it somewhere in order to make the video available to the forums if you wish. You can upload the video to YouTube and then post a link, or you can upload the video to an online cloud storage location such as a OneDrive or Google Drive and share the link. YouTube is preferable because the video is kept on the server rather than downloaded.

Last edited:
What you use to record really depends on what you want to do. If you just want a basic, rough file to send or to upload, then your best bet is probably GeForce. If you want to do anything more, I would recommend OBS studio. It takes about 5 minutes to figure out, and allows for a lot more than GeForce.

OBS Studio is the best. I have been using it for a couple of years to build up my movie collection on my media server. It's not just for screen capture and with a little additional hardware you can have theater quality videos.

Back