Starting a Session Over?

jeff1959

Here's the problem. I am trying to work out the timing of a meet of trains on two levels. I want the train on the bottom tracks to pass under the upper track as the train is passing by. I will be using a static lineside camera to start. However, if I want to restart the session from the beginning, it seems I have to exit, without saving, open up the session, make the edit, run the session, then save or not, to start over again.

Is there a better way to do this? It feels like I'm back to the old surveyor again.

It does depend on what is the "Edit" that you are making.

If it it just a scenery edit (e.g. move a tree) then there is no problem with re-entering Driver (via the UDS) and continuing.

If the edit is to alter the position of the two trains to adjust their arrival times at the "crossover" point then it can be a bit more complex. For example: If you need to move one train back along the track a few hundred metres so its arrival at the "meeting" point coincides better with the other train then you can still do that and re-enter Driver to continue. You can of course Save your edit (with the trains in their current positions at the time of the save) but save it as a new Session, not using the original Session name (I am assuming that you have the consists in the Session, not the Route). I would then measure how many seconds (minutes) this puts back the edited (moved) trains schedule and add that delay time to the start of its Driver Commands in the Driver Setup rule of the original starting Session.

Yes, the edit is to position the trains so they reach the meet point as close to the same time as possible. I will follow your suggestion. I was saving as the same session and having all sorts of problems. Thank you.

Back