Up To Date Subway Track

Vern

Trainz Maverick
Next project on the books is a short "preservation" style route to run some of the old NYC subway cars on.

Looking for a decent track type, preferably Protrack, with the correct style third rail. Sadly, with no disrespect to the original author, the NYC subway track on the DLS is nearly 20 years old and very dated. Another option might be to use ASCES track and try to find a suitable spline for the juice rail.

Next project on the books is a short "preservation" style route to run some of the old NYC subway cars on.

Looking for a decent track type, preferably Protrack, with the correct style third rail. Sadly, with no disrespect to the original author, the NYC subway track on the DLS is nearly 20 years old and very dated. Another option might be to use ASCES track and try to find a suitable spline for the juice rail.

Hi Vern,

You can attach a spline to a track of your choice to make it easier to lay the track and third rail at the same time.

Add this container.

attached-splines
{
third-rail
{
follows-spline-gradient 1
lateral-offset 2
spline-kuid <kuid:61015:37032>
use-same-direction 1
visual-only 0
}

Thank you very much John, that is going to be a perfect way for me to make 3 rail track for my 'O' Gauge TMR layout projects.

Not exactly a completely straightforward method of attaching a conductor rail to a track of my choice and making it work, but I got there in the end.

2JFQdbJ.jpg

Interesting idea John, but will that work when uploading the route? i.e. When another user downloads the asset(s) the amended config will not be present on the existing DLS copy.
So far as I can see, the ASCE track author (trainboi1) has not imposed any restrictions on cloning or amending, but then again the config doesn't say you can either.

Edit: I've pm'd trainboi1 to check his position on the matter.

Edit 2: Just cloned a track spline as above, but Surveyor will not let me place a rolling stock asset on it. Any clues on that one? I can't connect other track types to it either.

Last edited:
Well for the time being using the "k m track" by TCStudio. It is slightly wide to gauge but the collector shoes on the NYCTA stock match fairly well. Best all round solution at present.

Interesting idea John, but will that work when uploading the route? i.e. When another user downloads the asset(s) the amended config will not be present on the existing DLS copy.
So far as I can see, the ASCE track author (trainboi1) has not imposed any restrictions on cloning or amending, but then again the config doesn't say you can either.

Edit: I've pm'd trainboi1 to check his position on the matter.

Edit 2: Just cloned a track spline as above, but Surveyor will not let me place a rolling stock asset on it. Any clues on that one? I can't connect other track types to it either.

Trainboi1 will have to give you permission...

You have enough space to place the consist? That's usually the cause of that.

The other issue is sometimes the tracks have gone weird. This has been an issue since T:ANE, and I've reported it already. The issue is something to do with the database but it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what went wrong therefore, no fix. The other symptom of this is the inability to place track-objects such as speed signs and signals. I would check this first before going to the fix posted below.

The workaround for this is to:

Open all your tracks up for editing in Surveyor.
Wait a few minutes to let the database settle down.
Revert the tracks again.

This will "reset" the track back to normal.

Back