This is Odd

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Fired up TRS19 today only to discover that I no longer see the icons for track markers or direction track marker! I can place them on the track, provide description yet no icon is displayed. With the track direction marker the same situation but I have no idea which direction the marker faces. Oddly markers for TCB's show normally.

On closer inspection some of the menu icons [shown at the top of the active screen] are also missing. Edit menu/Display menu/Social/Window all are missing their respective icons. The buttons work fine showing menu items when clicked on.

All this occurs in surveyor in both route build and session build. Neither advanced or normal database repair managed to correct the situation. I really hope the build 117009 is not corrupted somehow.

Any clues out there?
Cheers,
Val.

TRS19 is validating data.

Click on Developer on the Launcher and then Show Logs. You'll see scrolling data as the content is being validated. This process can take a while depending on how much data you have.

TRS19 is validating data.

Click on Developer on the Launcher and then Show Logs. You'll see scrolling data as the content is being validated. This process can take a while depending on how much data you have.

Hey John,
OK...but what am I looking for? Can see lots of entries but basically they are meaningless to me. Should I be looking for something specific?

Hey John,
OK...but what am I looking for? Can see lots of entries but basically they are meaningless to me. Should I be looking for something specific?

There should be stuff scrolling by. Yellow exclamation points (!) with a bunch of blah! blah! blah! stuff and the word Validating in there somewhere.

I'm getting this as well.

? <kuid:47439:37524> : Validating <kuid:47439:37524>
! <kuid:47439:37524> : VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! <kuid:47439:37524> : VE61: Required tag 'trackdirections' was missing and has been set to default.

Last edited:
Found this...
.... ? <NULL> : MeshObject::LockMeshes> <kuid:-1:6131> "Track mark" - <NULL> : VE223: Unable to create mesh index 0 for asset <kuid:-1:6131> "Track mark".

What the hell does it mean and what the hell is the solution if this is the problem?

Clearly something is wrong. It's the first time I've heard of it happening so my solution would be to reinstall the game to a new location, start it up and check things are working. If so, then point the new install to your current local data folder and all will be working again.

Clearly yes something was seriously wrong....somehow the install became corrupted by something.
Decided on getting rid of the installation and re-installing to external hard drive. Solved that problem but of course had to reload what routes I have backed up. All in all a tad frustrating. The cause remains a mystery.

Back