4 Lane Roads with traffic in all lanes

fjbicrf

Greetings,

Does anyone know if there is a 4 lane road available with traffic in all four
lanes? All of the four lane roads that I have tried so far only have traffic in the inner lanes.

Thanks

Fred Bray

If I don't remember wrong since the build 3.5 there are multiple lanes roads with trafic on all the lanes. It dependes on the tag "lane" of the config file.

Greetings,

Does anyone know if there is a 4 lane road available with traffic in all four
lanes? All of the four lane roads that I have tried so far only have traffic in the inner lanes.

Thanks

Fred Bray

So far to date, I've had to add an invisible road to the slow lane in order to get traffic on all four lanes. It's a PIA, but it does work because I can have the traffic in the slow lane actually going slower than the fast lane. Same technique works for 6 or 8 lane roads.

New Freeways feature supporting and including one way and multi-lane roads
There is one kind that support the creation of freeway model, KIND Track. The KIND Track is used to specify a road freeway asset. For example, a two lane road mesh is used for the lanes of the freeway and tags in the config.txt file specify lane configuration.

The example below is for a freeway with 2 lanes; both travelling in the same direction. This would also be used for a one-way road.

username “Road_Freeway_01”
grounded 0.4
region “Britain”
length 5
width 7.9
bendy 1
kind track
type "Roads"
uncached_alphas 1
carrate 25
asset-filename “road”
kuid <kuid:523:100082>
istrack 0
isroad 1
isfreeway 1
numlanes 2
For a freeway with multiple lanes flowing in both directions, a bridge track has to be used. This asset calls up a freeway road model by kuid to be used on the bridge.

The following example uses a bridge track to generate a four lane road (two lanes in each direction), calling up the two lane freeway asset in the previous example.

username “Road_Freeway_02”
grounded 0.4
region “Britain”
length 5
width 7.9
bendy 1
kind track
type "Roads"
uncached_alphas 1
carrate 25
asset-filename “road”
kuid <kuid:-22:1003>
trackoffsets -3.5,3.5
trackdirections 0,1
height 0
rgb 255,200,0
istrack 0
isroad 1
isfreeway 1
numlanes 4
bridgetrack <kuid:523:100082>

Those config examples are hardly “new”. Tags like bendy have been obsolete for ages. Are there any examples of Kind track roads/freeways that use more modern format based on track-lod-tree containers etc?

Hi All

Ish has a few freeway assets on the DLS - <kuid:58223:31237> I-US Freeway (0A),<kuid:58223:31238> I-US Freeway (1A). They are both build 3.7.
The first one has the numlanes tag set at 2, the second at 3. This should mean that the number of lanes with traffic running is 2 and 3 respectively. What I see is 1 an 2 respectively.

I downloaded these as I was having trouble getting a freeway I am working on to work as expected - mainly the numlanes tag. It seems that the tag may not be working as expected (in TRS22 at least).

This is the config I am using:
username "Divided Road 2 Lane 1 Way no Shoulder-Freeway"
kuid <KUID2:444806:101168:1>
trainz-build 4.6

category-class "SR"
category-region "AU"
category-era "2000s"
kind "track"
istrack 0
isroad 1
isfreeway 1
carrate 1
visible-on-minimap 0
traffic-speed 19.44
numlanes 3

description "A Divided 2 Lane 1 Way Road without road shoulder. Freeway"

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "divroad_without_shoulder_freeway.trainzmesh"
auto-create 1
}
}

track
{
mesh-length 10

track-lod-tree
{
lod-distance 1500

high-detail
{
mesh "default"
}

low-detail
{
}
}
}

thumbnails
{
{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}

Is this a bug I wonder?

Last edited:
That's what I hate about importing older assets into newer versions of Trainz, obsolete tags are treated as errors and the asset won't work. Like the bendy railroad bridge. Why can't we have a version of Trainz where everything works new and old without errors? Some errors are hard to fix.

Last edited:
That's what I hate about importing older assets into newer versions of Trainz, obsolete tags are treated as errors and the asset won't work. Like the bendy railroad bridge. Why can't we have a version of Trainz where everything works new and old without errors? Some errors are hard to fix.

Amen brother, Amen.

Totally agree. If the tag is obsolete, just IGNORE it, don't flag an error. What we need in the verificaiton text is perhaps another icon - one that means the tag is obsolete and Trainz has ignored it. That way, we can see what it is and either delete it, or fix it.

Bill

Just an observation but the tag "carrate" needs to be a minimum of 3 (seconds) between spawning the next vehicle onto the road. You can experiment with other numbers such as 5-7-9- 12...This will depend on how long you want the gap to be between vehicles. Remember that it is a timer in seconds - not an amount of vehicles produced.

Doug

Totally agree. If the tag is obsolete, just IGNORE it, don't flag an error. What we need in the verificaiton text is perhaps another icon - one that means the tag is obsolete and Trainz has ignored it. That way, we can see what it is and either delete it, or fix it.

Bill

I think we're going in circles again with this. I just came across a thread dating back to 2014 regarding the same subject including among the one I posted on the elusive comments section that has never been addressed. 2014 is a lifetime ago now and so much has changed yet has remained the same since then.

I think I remember that thread. It's been a while, that's for sure, John. "Those who live in the past are doomed to repeat it." Seems that's the case here.

Bill

Back