RFI: Distant scenery textures

C_Blabsky

Request for information/ideas, for background at least half a baseboard away, 2 miles, 3 kilometers---don't want to have a million trees far from the track. I have numerous routes but nothing jumps out at me recently. Really would like to use some textures to represent forested hills. Thanks for any suggestions.

regards,

Blabsky

Request for information/ideas, for background at least half a baseboard away, 2 miles, 3 kilometers---don't want to have a million trees far from the track. I have numerous routes but nothing jumps out at me recently. Really would like to use some textures to represent forested hills. Thanks for any suggestions.

regards,

Blabsky

From my experience, not a lot of the forest textures work all that well, I've created quite a few juniper/pinyon ones but most were abject failures. The biggest problem is they look repetitious from a long distance.I'd rummage around and try a few different dark green textures and apply them check to see if they appear as a load of repeat patterns and junk them if they do, remember to rotate them continuously to avoid patterns. Eventually i found a few that work but i cant remember which ones i used on the Uintah and they only work for sparse pine country anyway. If you look under my textures it would probbaly be a texrture ive described as dark, but as i said i found most of the ones i made were rubbish. Good luck .

Thanks for that reply, DG, even if a bit disheartening...You certainly have 'Southwest' terrain down. Trainz does desert and grassland but the distant forested hills thing I can't quite get.

I should mention that I have TR19 PE SP1, and run sliders down, 4K distant, etc., lower settings. Just looking for a way to paint distant hills in a better fashion.

Back