What railroads are in you hometown

I live in a spanish city called Albacete, and when I go to see the railroads, there is a little activity. I usually watch Renfe Class 334 with a Talgo IV to Cartagena, 491 and when I have the possibility of watch freight trains, they're hauled by the glorious class 333 and also private Vossloh Euro 4000 locomotives. last days, I had the luck to watch 2 class 269 hauling a freight train.

Down here in Brunswick, GA, all we got is crazy ol' steam engine hatin' CSX. We also have Norfolk Southern, whose managed to get two heritage units into Brunswick already-the PRR 8102 and Conrail 8099. I'm hoping the DLW, Erie, and/or the Wabash units make it down here. And yes I don't like CSX all that much. Norfolk Southern is the better of the two in my opinion.

Last edited:
Thought i posted in here but i guess not

Hometown: Shelton, WA
mainly Simpson Timber Co which is based here at the mill and the Pudget Sound and Pacific (Railamerica)
About once a week UP will come through a unit garbage train and if the Bremerton Naval Station is restocking, BNSF usually handles that with a long train of 20ft containers :)

Good Lord! Is this thread still runnin'? Last time I answered it the New Haven was still a rairoad and the Pennsy went all the way to Boston!

Mass Coastal and in the summer we are connecting MBTA so soon it will be MBTA and Mass coastal yay! its called Capeflyer search it on Google finally just like it used to be I remember learning when I was little that Amtrak used to be connect but they stopped for some reason i'm not accually sure. By the way in case your not familiar with Mass coastal this is in Massachusetts

Last edited:
Lol

I live in eastern Iowa and my hometowns railroad is has been shut down for 30yrs now, but the Milwakee Road and the UP use to run through it

i live in Russia,Krasnoyrsk i live around railroad tracks that operated by Russian Railways i will see electric trains at rock VL80 electric and diesel TEM2

Gardner, Mass which sees about 6 to 8 trains a day between the following three railroads....

Norfolk Southern
Pan Am
Providence and Worcester

Last edited:
I technically have Union Pacific trackage running through my hometown, although its also used by some private company, and used for storing freight cars. A small hand-me-down switcher (Ex. BNSF) sits in the yard there, where it is normally seen switching cement hoppers, because that's all that's even in the yard, despite the fact there is no cement plant within miles of my town.

Regards,
Daylightrain

don't know if anyone mentioned this, but, the Steamtown National Historic site, home to UP 4-8-8-4 Big Boy #4012, Illonois Central #790, CP 4-6-2 #2317, CN 2-8-2 #3254, and Nickle Plate Road 2-8-4 #765 / GP9 (or 7) #514, is about 1 mile from my house in Scranton. The mainline there is used for an excursion train and many short freights. Most headed by ex-DL&W / ex-EL ALCos.

The Norfolk, VA area has several railroads, Amtrak, Norfolk Southern, CSX, Norfolk and Portsmouth Belt Line, Chesapeake and Albemarle, and the Bay Coast Railroad. We used to have Southern, Norfolk and Western, Virginian, Atlantic Coast Line, Seaboard, Seaboard Coast Line, Eastern Shore Railroad, and several others back when Norfolk Terminal Station was here. Harbor Park is built on top of the old Norfolk Terminal.

NorCal, Silicon Valley, San Francisco Bay Area, East Bay, Sacramento and San Joaquin Valley:

Old to new: Sacramento Northern, Tidewater Southern, Visalia Electric, Western Pacific, Southern Pacific, ATSF/Santa Fe, Union Pacific, BNSF, Central California Traction. Fun stuffs.

The town I live just north of (Clarksville) is dominated by Union Pacific. But I am about an hour away from the remains of what was the old Dardanelle and Russelville Railroad. It's mostly dominated by UP now, but there is an occasional LLPX locomotive parked in the yard of the old Russelville depot.

Railroads In My Hometown Are:
1. UP (sometimes usually i see occasionally a BNSF Dash-9 Or A UP Patched SP unit So, Yeah)
2. Amtrak California (Heck There's A Amtrak Station In Sacramento!)
3.Sacramento Light Rail System (Sometimes Now And Then In The City, You Can See A Light Rail Run Around)
4. Sacramento Southern Railroad (That Is What Started The Railroad Museum,) (hint! hint!)

Back