TRC Stay Open function issues.

Squirrely70

I'm currently building a route and have been using some trc crossings. I have my "Close" trigger in the centre of the crossing and "Stay Open" active in both directions. When I stop the train over the crossing, the gates open again and cars drive through the train. Is there a way to stop this from happening or should I just shut off Stay Open?

Squirrely

I'm currently building a route and have been using some trc crossings. I have my "Close" trigger in the centre of the crossing and "Stay Open" active in both directions. When I stop the train over the crossing, the gates open again and cars drive through the train. Is there a way to stop this from happening or should I just shut off Stay Open?

Squirrely

Shutting off the "Stay Open" setting should help. However, at least in T:ANE, you want to follow the setup instructions to avoid unwanted effects. The trigger should be placed 5-10 meters away from the crossing itself. There's a link to the instructions page on the setup window.

The crossing works somewhat erratically, at least again in T:ANE. You may want to make use of the driver commands TRC: Close Crossing and TRC: Open crossing. If you are driving with realistic controls you may want to use a trigger on each side of the crossing (both pointing toward it); when a train approaches from the pointy end of a single trigger and you cut the throttle, the crossing may open. Using two triggers prevents that.

:B~)

I'm just going to switch back to ATLS like I've always done. I'm also having trouble with the automatic detection with TRC, as it seems to automatically switch to that no matter what. (I'm using TRC 4 in TRS22)

Squirrely

There is an issue with the latest TRC 4 triggers right now. The gates go up when trains stop and occupy crossings. Personally, my experience with TRC 3 was fantastic, but since updating to TRC 4 I've had nothing but problems. The links between scenery objects and triggers have a chance of breaking with every save, and then may randomly work again when you save another time. Also, the crossings deactivate like you mentioned, and the new automatic detection doesn't seem to be very good.

I'm not sure how the gates were supposed to work correctly in the first place with the new one trigger system because I assume TRC 3 knew when trains occupied a crossing since it would be between two triggers. I've also tried using two TRC 4 triggers but still get the same, broken result. Myself and a few others have posted about these issues in the forums recently but none of the threads end up with solutions. I'd love to write the TRC creator an email if I could find an address.

From my point of view, TRC assets are unusable in 22. I see the same things happening as whywon.

Too bad, because they were the best crossing assets before, IMHO.

Last edited:
I am sorry for the problems you are experiencing.
Of course, the system had been widely tested in TRS22 and TRS19 environments. And I didn't notice any of the problems you mention. This doesn't mean that they don't exist !
But one thing to note : current TRC triggers are not compatible with T:ANE, as the functions to find an object on a route have changed significantly since.
I'll run some basic tests and get back to you if I notice anything

Vincent

I am sorry for the problems you are experiencing.
Of course, the system had been widely tested in TRS22 and TRS19 environments. And I didn't notice any of the problems you mention. This doesn't mean that they don't exist !
But one thing to note : current TRC triggers are not compatible with T:ANE, as the functions to find an object on a route have changed significantly since.
I'll run some basic tests and get back to you if I notice anything

Vincent

FWIW, I am having this issue with Trainz+ as I type. The crossing opens as soon as the train passes the trigger and anytime i try to adjust positioning, I have to go back and rename everything and then save to get them to work at all.

There was an update to the trigger just a couple days ago. They seem to be working correctly now, at least for me.

Have you updated?

The last version of the TRC trigger <kuid2:458053:100686:20> fixes two malfunctions :
- gates of a crossing occupied by a train stay closed (unexpected exceptions should again occur ; I will fixe them upon notification)
- tuning of detection distances remains stable when using Unified Driver/Surveyor
- all obsolete functions into the script had been replaced by actuals ones
See my post : TRC system : again a new version...

About upgrading routes built with an older version of Trainz : tuning you made with an old version (e.g. Trainz 2019) sometimes no longer correctly apply with a more recent one (e.g.Trainz 22). This concern mostly naming triggers, crossings,...and only if you edit your route with an upper Trainz version. Normally, just playing a Trainz 2019 session with Trainz 22 is not a problem.
It's a recurrent problem but which only appears from time to time. I already had the opportunity to discuss this. Since TANE to Trainz 2019 to be exact.
Today, there is no obvious solution. If you are faced with this case, the easiest way is to replace each TRC trigger one by one (crossings, TRC scenery objects may stay as is). Not very glamorous, but very effective.

Vincent

I have one set up and it seems to be working all except for the lights and the sign that shows how many tracks is not showing up. How can I fix then to work correctly?

Back