Routes for Me.

Maxxp09

Hello, I need you to build Routes for me. Those are...

Poughkeepsie, NY
Hudson River
Clinchfeild Railroad (D.E.M: Virgina Tech Railfan)
Constitution March
Sanford, FL
Oscawanna Island
Full Bucket Lines
Water Level Route
Harmon, NY
Tunnel City, WI
Portyard, MI
and Havermill, MA

Make Routes just for me! Use 3D Models to Build this Route Using Blender. Please Make Routes For Me?
If you like to Reply, Please Leave a Message to me after you read this.
If it's you who Reading This, Please make Routes For Me.

Routes for Me

Poughkeepsie, NY
Hudson River
Constitution March
Sanford, FL
Oscawanna Island
Full Bucket Lines
Water Level Route
Harmon, NY
Tunnel City, WI
Portyard, MI
Dover, MA
and Havermill, MA

Make Routes just for me! Use 3D Models to Build this Route Using Blender. Please Make Routes For Me?

Sorry for post that again.

Last edited:

Poughkeepsie, NY
Hudson River
Constitution March
Sanford, FL
Oscawanna Island
Full Bucket Lines
Water Level Route
Harmon, NY
Tunnel City, WI
Portyard, MI
and Havermill, MA

Just going to return from the grave to comment on this post.

1. Firing off a list of routes to make like that is a surefire way to not get what you want.
2. If people are making these routes, they aren't doing it for free. You'll probably be asked for a commission.
3. The routes will not be just for you. They would probably be uploaded and/or sold as payware.
4. Trainz routes are not made in Blender, they are made in the in-game Surveyor tool.
5. Please do not gimmiepig for stuff. I learned my lesson the hard way. Routes take days, months and even years to build, and if they were built in a day they wouldn't be built to high standards. Rome was not built in a day after all.
6. Do it yourself. Learn how to use Surveyor. Watch videos by Approach Medium and other Trainz content creators who make routes and learn from them.

If you still are stubborn for these routes to be made:

1. Ask nicely and do not demand a lot of routes at once. Ask for one at a time.
2. Promise a sum of money for their effort.
3. Do not say 'they'll be just for me.' No piece of content is just for one person to enjoy (unless it is not fit for release or is still in development).

And please, stop asking for routes in every thread imaginable. People can put up with it once. More than once? Nope.

Just going to return from the grave to comment on this post.

1. Firing off a list of routes to make like that is a surefire way to not get what you want.
2. If people are making these routes, they aren't doing it for free. You'll probably be asked for a commission.
3. The routes will not be just for you. They would probably be uploaded and/or sold as payware.
4. Trainz routes are not made in Blender, they are made in the in-game Surveyor tool.
5. Please do not gimmiepig for stuff. I learned my lesson the hard way. Routes take days, months and even years to build, and if they were built in a day they wouldn't be built to high standards. Rome was not built in a day after all.
6. Do it yourself. Learn how to use Surveyor. Watch videos by Approach Medium and other Trainz content creators who make routes and learn from them.

If you still are stubborn for these routes to be made:

1. Ask nicely and do not demand a lot of routes at once. Ask for one at a time.
2. Promise a sum of money for their effort.
3. Do not say 'they'll be just for me.' No piece of content is just for one person to enjoy (unless it is not fit for release or is still in development).

And please, stop asking for routes in every thread imaginable. People can put up with it once. More than once? Nope.

Okay, I will ask Nicey! I wasn't mad all the Time! Sometimes, Routes aren't showing up on the DLS or Websites Like JointedRail. Sorry about that...

And okay, I will make them Myself. So you don't want to be mad. :)

It's because Routes are Quite a Hard Thing to make.

Hmm. Constructing routes. The time needed to made short lines is generally measure in man-years. Looking at that list I have the feeling it would be measured in man-lives -- in other words, an inter-generation effort.

You have got it Right Before That! Maybe I should make Routes the Easy way or the Hard way!

First, I need to make L&N Chinny Sub, got my Papers and Ready to Build.

I shouldn't ask for a Commison Request...

Last edited:
An when I saw the title I thought maybe someone had written a new song... "Routes for me"

- Got a tune in my head, now what would the words be....let's see..

There's no such place as Havermill, MA. It's Haverhill, MA.

Asking for routes like this puts you on the wrong side of the forums here. If you are interested in constructing routes based on these areas, I recommend investing in TransDEM and investigating the extensive collection of DEMs and topographical maps and orthographic images on the National Geological Survey National Maps website.

TransDEM (rolandziegler.de)

The National Map - Data Delivery | U.S. Geological Survey (usgs.gov)

This is only the beginning. Route building, especially routes such as these will take you years to complete at the level you may expect them to be.

My post is related to making route creation a bit easier.

Yesterday I was watching you-tube where someone was reviewing and demonstrating software in a particular category: Software for creating maps for fantasy worlds for RPG games, whatever. The two that come to mind are Inkarnate and Wonderdraft but there are more. Being a map geek and a Trainz geek, I thought: Why couldn't someone create fantasy map software that, once the user was satisfied with their map, click somewhere and the result would be a Trainz route with coast lines, mountains, textures, etc. The result would not be 100% perfect but would be a starting point to finish the route in Trainz. Just a thought.

My post is related to making route creation a bit easier.

Yesterday I was watching you-tube where someone was reviewing and demonstrating software in a particular category: Software for creating maps for fantasy worlds for RPG games, whatever. The two that come to mind are Inkarnate and Wonderdraft but there are more. Being a map geek and a Trainz geek, I thought: Why couldn't someone create fantasy map software that, once the user was satisfied with their map, click somewhere and the result would be a Trainz route with coast lines, mountains, textures, etc. The result would not be 100% perfect but would be a starting point to finish the route in Trainz. Just a thought.

That's actually not a bad idea. Back in the earlier days of Trainz, a user named Charlie Whitedog had someone write some terrain displacement software. I think it was called Trainzterrainz or something like that. The interface had sliders where height and other information could be added in and then once a button was clicked, the terrain was generated. The saved file was then placed in a displacement map asset and the terrain was updated by applying that in Surveyor. While this was a great program, the issue was having to go through the extra steps to get the terrain into Trainz. Your idea of automatically generating a Trainz route ready for track laying is even better. There could be some pre-canned generic textures to show a height map of some kind on the terrain with the rest left up to the Trainzer to create and finish off his route.

Thank you for the Nice Comments at me!
No worries, we have plenty more.
It would have been better to ask if anyone was working on/ thinking of building any of the routes you want.
Have a look at NSW Illawarra South Coast, it is an Australian route built with assets mainly from the DLS and took 2 years full time (at least 50 hours a week) just to do the scenery. Add in the extra time for making assets in blender as you prefer and the production time would more than double.
Just to give an idea of the the timescale involved in this list

Back