I am trying to use SHIP LOCK SOO
By VULCAN.
In 2019
I can enter at low track ok.
Move turntable ok.
But when I leave the ship derails.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Matt

Check the track connection at the top level. It happens on some occasions that the track separates from the asset. I think it was TRS19 that had problems with the track staying attached to objects. Just tried it in 19 and worked fine so depends on the build of TRS19.

I also checked it in 2019 and then moved it to 2020. It worked fine in 2019 but derailed in 2020. Must be something they did in the new version. Maybe Vulcan can look at it and fix it.

Hi apologise to all TRAINZ 2022 TRAINZ +
Not TRS19
BUILD 119450
Have checked connection seems OK
Connected bottom only one place to connect.
Top level to blue invisible track outside gates.

Hope this makes sense
Matt

Last edited:
Hi apologise to all TRAINZ 2022 TRAINZ +
Not TRS19
BUILD 119450
Have checked connection seems OK
Connected bottom only one place to connect.
Top level to blue invisible track outside gates.

Hope this makes sense
Matt

That makes sense to me. I always had a tough time connecting track to this asset even in TS12. It's hard to line up the invisible track on these assets sometimes.

Thanks for reply's.
Are there any other Large Locks on DLS.
This is the only one I can find .
Hope it might be updated soon as VULCANS assets are good.

Last edited:
I just realized I changed the blue track from <kuid2:60238:37037:1> to the red track <kuid:60238:37039> because the blue track was having problems.

Thanks
I have edited in explorer change the track to 60238:37039:3
The track has changed to RED.
But it still derails.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I am aware of the problems with transfer tables, they have been happening in earlier versions of Trainz.

I tried to make a transfer table for a tram depot (12 tracks) some time ago but gave up. The attached track was disconnecting causing derailments. This was random, one time an attached track worked, moved the table away and came back and that track did not work.

Recently a friend sent me a model asking if I could extend the table to make it a bit longer, which I did, but I could then not get the loco to exit, it derailed. I made sure all attachment points were located correctly, tried to rename them and change the axis direction, nothing fixed it. I sent him the faulty model explaining the problem, and then he told me it worked on his computer, not sure the version he was using, I have not bought TRS22.

So it appears it can be random and I believe it to be an issue with the setup in Trainz, to align the moving attachment points with the fixed ones. One thing I tried was to make the attached track in the model visible. As the moving attachment point joined to the fixed one, the fixed track detached itself and fell to the ground, hence I believe an internal coding problem.

Ian

Last edited:
Hi all many thanks to everyone who has replied.
I have done a work around the problem by using a helicopter lift table 1 and the Soo lock.by Vulcan
I placed an Invisible train on the Soo Lock in driver commands (post message 1 and wait for message and clear 0 move turntable.(soo lock )repeat
Connect track to bottom and first of lift table placed a track mark bottom of heli lift table set to 3.
Place lift table centre of lock adjust lock to height
Placed ship on bottom track.
Command ship drive to tack mark post message 0 and wait for message and clear 1.
Wait for 10 seconds as helli is quicker then move turntable to 1wait 10 seconds .
Drive to off to another track mark in ship commands reset both tables (lift and lock )
Hope this makes sense
Will try to put it on DLS
Matt
PS a quick question how do I change the texture of the lock to match the water

In the trans_platform sub directory there is a texture water5.tga for the platform water colour. I suggest you take a screen shot vertically above the water in Surveyor and take a 128 by 128 segment of the screenshot and replace the water5.tga texture. You will have to adjust the brightness, colour or contrast a bit to try to match in Trainz but it will never be exact from different viewpoints.

The helicopter lift tables can have the same derailment problem, good if it works for you.

Ian

Back