Drivers and some issues.

Sean_lee

Believe I posted part of this earlier on Drivers being allocated to random pieces of rolling stock in Consists. The random pieces of rolling stock are in the Driver control centre with drivers allocated. ??? Also there are some drivers that say no assigned Location. ??

The other issue, as we know AI is not perfect, but consists still get stuck at signals ??? track is clear for miles. But waiting for new Instructions.?? Tried moving the signals just seems to move the issue.

And Consists that go thru signals at Danger and stop and wait 2 mins before proceeding. Again track is clear ahead for miles. Trying to work out is it a speed limit thing, or wrong signal placed. I realise this can be technical on signals and what goes where and what each one does.

Not complaining just would like to see if anyone else has the issue and a work around or advice on British signalling.

I have had many problems in TRS22 and Trainz+ with the occasional UK signal not working in an older route that was never a problem before. On inspecting the signal in Driver (placing the cursor over it) I find that it shows only "0" with no message as to the state of the track ahead. I believe this "0, 1 0r 2" designation is new in current builds. I don't recall seeing it before. Sometimes the offending signal is actually one or two ahead of the one at which the train is stopped and the problem seems to occur at random. As well as the "0", lights will be blank on semaphore or lamp signals. I did report this as a bug some time ago, but QA said they could not replicate it.

Any signal showing only the "0" must simply be replaced with a new similar one. It is not the signal asset that is at fault, it is some change in the latest N3V builds. Replacing offending signals is the only solution I have yet found.

This may not be the problem the previous poster is facing, as sometimes trains just completely ignore the affected "0" signal and carry on regardless with no SPAD message.

ingha

Last edited:
I have had many problems in TRS22 and Trainz+ with the occasional UK signal not working in an older route that was never a problem before. On inspecting the signal in Driver (placing the cursor over it) I find that it shows only "0" with no message as to the state of the track ahead. I believe this "0, 1 0r 2" designation is new in current builds. I don't recall seeing it before. Sometimes the offending signal is actually one or two ahead of the one at which the train is stopped and the problem seems to occur at random. As well as the "0", lights will be blank on semaphore or lamp signals. I did report this as a bug some time ago, but QA said they could not replicate it.

Any signal showing only the "0" must simply be replaced with a new similar one. It is not the signal asset that is at fault, it is some change in the latest N3V builds. Replacing offending signals is the only solution I have yet found.

This may not be the problem the previous poster is facing, as sometimes trains just completely ignore the affected "0" signal and carry on regardless with no SPAD message.

ingha

This sounds like a script issue with the signals. There have been some updates to how the scripts are handled now which have caused various issues. One of the things I found that helped was to go into the Cache/Libraries and delete the cached scripts. This will force any updated scripts to repopulate and resolve the error. Unfortunately, this doesn't always work, and you may want to check the logs as the route is run. Click on the Launcher and click on developer menu item and press clear logs followed by show logs. Change your Trainz display setup to run in a window by unchecking the Full screen option, or better yet place the log window on another display if you have more than one.

When you start your route, information will be displayed. If you see errors, stop running and look through them to see what they refer to.

As an additional option, go into Trainz Settings and Dev tab and choose the option to display script errors. This will bring up the infamous red bug when there's a script error in-game. You can click on this and expand the different line items to view the contents. Highlighting the information, and copying and pasting into a forum post will help you troubleshoot the problem.

Believe I posted part of this earlier on Drivers being allocated to random pieces of rolling stock in Consists. The random pieces of rolling stock are in the Driver control centre with drivers allocated. ??? Also there are some drivers that say no assigned Location. ??

The other issue, as we know AI is not perfect, but consists still get stuck at signals ??? track is clear for miles. But waiting for new Instructions.?? Tried moving the signals just seems to move the issue.

And Consists that go thru signals at Danger and stop and wait 2 mins before proceeding. Again track is clear ahead for miles. Trying to work out is it a speed limit thing, or wrong signal placed. I realise this can be technical on signals and what goes where and what each one does.

Not complaining just would like to see if anyone else has the issue and a work around or advice on British signalling.

You can uncheck the option in driver setup to allocate drivers to new and placed consists. I do this so I can place additional locomotives around my route in various locations without having extra drivers assigned.

Your signal issue could be a scripting problem. See my post in ingha on that one. Sometimes, it's also timing. I find placing a wait... 20 seconds for each driver at the beginning of a session will give the program a chance to load up and settle in before the drivers are running. The alternative is to press pause when you first load up your session to allow everything to draw and the drivers to load their schedules.

Many thanks, John, for your reply and clear explanation. I have tried deleting the cache/libraries in TRS22 and this seems to have resolved the issue. I presume that by replacing signals one by one, as I had been doing, I was also unwittingly updating the scripts for each signal type. You have saved me much time, effort and quite a few 'choice' words. What it is to have expertise.

I hope Sean can resolve his problem too.

ingha

Yes that was good, now I have an idea where I am heading. My 2019 route, personally my best effort to date. Might upload it to 2022 and see what happens. I also have a 2010 route and a TANE done in 2016 to upload to 2022. I expect issues there. Hopefully no show stoppers.

Still battling along with this stuck at signals business all UK signals. Waiting for new instructions. ??? All seem to show line ahead is unsignalled when it is ???? Still doing bulk asset replace on the ones that give issues, and not always sure you have replaced with one that works. The constant half speed running has me perplexed, I know AI is not perfect. But I expect trains to obey speed limits. And occasionally not go thru a signal on red. Saturday is my sort out the issues day after a week of running, I take notes. And every month I will create a whole new session.
Also in the Trainz store in the start menu, you can get a 2019 update as a download. Gets to install stage and then fails. Has some things not installed. ??? with a error message.

Last edited:
Back