More s2 problems

Ctrl+F still brings up the Find Object dialogue box in S20 just as it does in S10 and, as far as I have noticed, works in exactly the same way. What is currently still missing from S20 is the Ctrl+Shift+F Content Search Filter - but that may eventually be added OR the Asset Palette Filters may be the better option.

Duh! Why didn't I think of that! I think I actually had my fingers over the keys and thought 'That's not going to work'.

Good questions and thanks for reminding me. I had forgotten to add this to the notes.

The answer is in the Info Palette.

Select a scenery object or a spline point with the Free Move Tool or the Fine Adjustment Tool.

The info palette will have a line showing something like Pos: 398.06, 345.11, 1.25

These are the XYZ co-ordinates of the selected scenery object or spline point.

If you click the small triangle left of the label "Pos:" then it will open up to show the three values as separate text entry boxes. Each box has Up/Down control icons on its right end.

You can type new values into the three boxes (followed by the Enter key) or hold the left mouse button down with the mouse on top of any of the Up/Down arrows and move the mouse forward or backward to change the XYZ values.

Next to the Z co-ordinate (height) box is a small down arrow. When clicked this gives a message "use height for brush" but so far I have not be able to get it to transfer the Z value to the brush height (if that is what it is supposed to do).

Peter

So far, I have not found this to work with spine points.
However, another question: my first attempt at inserting a tunnel with S2 - how to I prevent it from filling with "ground"? Surely we don't have to go back to the old-fashioned "dig tool"?

So far, I have not found this to work with spine points.
It definitely works. There are two x,y,z sections in the Info tool. The top one labeled "Focus" is the compass location and height. The next one labeled "Pos" is for the asset selected.

If you want to raise the height on a single spline point, deselect the spline (Ctrl-D) and select just the spline point you want to change (using Free Move tool - select it with the "S" key). Then update the z value under "Pos" and the height will change. Or click your mouse over the up/down arrows and drag up/down to adjust the height.

Surely we don't have to go back to the old-fashioned "dig tool"?
The dig hole relates to the terrain system, so the S20 tools don't help with tunnel entrances.

It definitely works. There are two x,y,z sections in the Info tool. The top one labeled "Focus" is the compass location and height. The next one labeled "Pos" is for the asset selected.

If you want to raise the height on a single spline point, deselect the spline (Ctrl-D) and select just the spline point you want to change (using Free Move tool - select it with the "S" key). Then update the z value under "Pos" and the height will change. Or click your mouse over the up/down arrows and drag up/down to adjust the height.

My bad - seems I was looking at FOCUS instead of POS.
Also re. tunnel - seems I was trying to use a bad tunnel. Have now found a better one.

Back