Looking for BlackDiamond1964 Scott

Forester1

Greetings! I had a thought the other day that I had not kept touch with Scott (BlackDiamond1964) since he had left these forums. He was doing a great job on the Laurel Lines and had set up his own site to follow his progress, which I visited once a long time ago and had not thought to follow up in a long time. Somehow, if I had kept track of his site or contact info, I can't find them now, and searching out on Google, I only found one hit, out on Trainsim.com. It was a thread he had there in 2018 and 2019, but it appears to be dead now. It had a link to his project site at the time, but that site also appears to be dead now.

So, I am wondering if anyone has been following his progress on the Laurel Lines or has kept in contact with him? If he still has a site and is working on it, I would love to get the URL. Or if anyone has his email address, please send me a PM and don't post it here. Thank you!

Greetings! I had a thought the other day that I had not kept touch with Scott (BlackDiamond1964) since he had left these forums. He was doing a great job on the Laurel Lines and had set up his own site to follow his progress, which I visited once a long time ago and had not thought to follow up in a long time. Somehow, if I had kept track of his site or contact info, I can't find them now, and searching out on Google, I only found one hit, out on Trainsim.com. It was a thread he had there in 2018 and 2019, but it appears to be dead now. It had a link to his project site at the time, but that site also appears to be dead now.

So, I am wondering if anyone has been following his progress on the Laurel Lines or has kept in contact with him? If he still has a site and is working on it, I would love to get the URL. Or if anyone has his email address, please send me a PM and don't post it here. Thank you!

His Profile at https://forums.auran.com/trainz/member.php?855761-BlackDiamond1964 - has his email address, no idea if it's current but he is showing as active on the forums today.

Scott's last activity was on Facebook that I know of . From his posting there , He isn't happy with the forums here or the response his web sites have gotten . I liked his work . And he was keeping in touch with me . But has gone silent . I have tried several times to contact him to no avail . You might do better on other sim's forums . Since he was making content in other format's ? His route was one I truly wished I could have helped with . And the work done was some of the best I've seen done .

Matt

Thanks guys. Interesting, that I was the one that posted the link! Sad to see it is dead. I will try the email in his profile, and if no luck will figure it is another sad end for a great creator.

Thanks guys. Interesting, that I was the one that posted the link! Sad to see it is dead. I will try the email in his profile, and if no luck will figure it is another sad end for a great creator.

Forester1,

Please PM for additional info.......

Just a quick note for those that know Scott, he lost a lot of his assets in a hard drive crash, then found out he did not have the backup he thought he had. If you have or know anyone who has any of his KUIDs over263, please send me a PM and we can help him get some of those back. Otherwise, he will have to start over, although he does appear to have blender files for many of them. Thanks!

Hi Steviez! Yes, he actually has many assets that are built-in, packaged, or on the DLS. The highest KUID number is <kuid2:405066:263:1> BDW WM Williamsport Station. If you have any KUIDs higher than that, they probably came from his web site and he will have to re-create those unless someone has them. I had two:
<kuid2:405066:325:1> WVVR LV J-Tower
<kuid2:405066:326:1> WVVR LV OX-Tower
I sent him these and now he won't have to make them again. Thank you for your consideration.

I have 150 of his assets. I downloaded the majority of them from the DLS. This does not include those that are packaged or built-in.

The highest KUID installed is <kuid2:405066:263:1> the Williamsport Station

Greetings. Scott appears to have recovered most of the assets he lost. Below are some he believes he is still missing. If anyone has any of these and would like to get them back to Scott, please PM me and I will give you Scott's Email address. I am NOT trying to gain any of these assets for myself and not asking anyone to send them to me. He is however, looking for a site to host them, and has mentioned N8PHU as a possibility.

Still missing assets:
348? Possible last model- WVVR LV Coal Car Shop

Thanks everyone. With the generosity of a few folks here who have his assets, Scott has been able to reclaim most of what he has lost. He believes he is now missing only two of his
assets. If anyone happens to have these, please contact me, and I will put you in contact with Scott:
Note: I am not sure, these may be

<kuid:405066:341>
<kuid:405066:348>
or:
<kuid2:405066:341:1>
<kuid2:405066:348:1>

Looking for information of 1900 saw dust baler

Good Day all,

Scott (BlackDiamond1964) is searching for information below:

I was searching the word “saw dust baler” and I think I’ve figured this planing mill out. According to the Sanborn map, the building is sectioned into three section. The main sawing and planing area, a middle shed section and a saw dust baler section.

There is some kind conveyor or pipe that takes the sawdust from the work area to the top of a collector that appears to be on top of the shed section which also seems to be lower then the other two sections. Another conveyor or pipe then takes the collected saw dust at the bottom of the collector and loads it into the baler room.

Now there is no indication from the picture that the saw dust was loaded on to the rail-cars by some mechanical means, but bails of sawdust can be manually loaded onto a train car. I believe that is what happened here.

So now that I’ve figured out the process, I need a reference of what this collector might look like. All references I found so far are new examples of the collecting & bailing process. I need to find a mid 20[SUP]th[/SUP] century equivalent to this collector. Look around, ask around. See if anybody happens to know on the Trainz forums what one of these might look like.

Regarding above if there is anyone that could confirm how this Sawdust Baler works, and if possible a Picture of it.

Back