#Trainz chat and how to get there

Stupidity in the Forums

Having read this thread and a few others this morning,it is no wonder that so many senior members are leaving the Trainz Forums,or restricting themselves to veiwing items of interest.It appears that the moderators are pulling threads that don't please them,but leaving the garbage for all to see.Having been here since its inception,(although my profile says different)one can see how the forums have fallen into dis-array over the years,which is a great shame.

I think Auran and its successors have to accept some of the blame,by rushing their product on to the shelves before it was ready,thereby creating a flood of unnecessary questions about why something doesn't work,but a lot of it and at the current moment,stems from people who are to lazy to sit down and try and work it through(and to me that's half the fun of Trainz).Instead they post inane questions and sit there waiting for some one to lead them through the problem.(if there is one at all).Sigh):confused:

I feel bad. I never checked this thread when chat was still up, and now I regret it.

I would love to talk to other trainzers while playing trainz. That had to have been awesome for you guys who did it.

Unfortunatly, even in the age of great technological advances, we have lost more than gained..,:'( :n:

There should be a communications backup plan, a failsafe chatroom about Trainz. As last night and today the Auran Forum was completely down, as well as the CMP. I sat and tried to think of other Trainz forums to communicate on, but only could think of a few.

What would you do if your cell phone, PC, radio, TV signal, and every communications device simply stoped working...I think todays world would freak completely out.

There are organizations that try to hack into the Pentagon, Wall Street ...etc... each and every day. Fortunately they are not smart enough to succeed in shutting down everything...but what if they did ? Or a high altitude RF burst fried all our technology circuits ?

Makes one think of exactly what changes are going to take place on Sept 1st with 04/06 being unsupported.

Beeep Beeep Beeep BIP ^-v-^-v-^-v-^-v-^_________________________________ eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:
There should be a communications backup plan, a failsafe chatroom about Trainz. As last night and today the Auran Forum was completely down, as well as the CMP. I sat and tried to think of other Trainz forums to communicate on, but only could think of a few.

What would you do if your cell phone, PC, radio, TV signal, and every communications device simply stoped working...I think todays world would freak completely out.

There are organizations that try to hack into the Pentagon, Wall Street ...etc... each and every day. Fortunately they are not smart enough to succeed in shutting down everything...but what if they did ? Or a high altitude RF burst fried all our technology circuits ?

Makes one think of exactly what changes are going to take place on Set 1st with 04/06 being unsupported.

Beeep Beeep BeeeP ^v^v^v^v^_________________________________ eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So then, if the world lost all comms.... you would just be worried about talking about Trainz?

If world comms did go down, wouldn't the "failsafe chat room" go down also?

Perhaps we all should learn .... Smoke Signals for Trainz.

Have fun,:)

Last edited:
:hehe: RE : Perhaps we all should learn .... Smoke Signals for Trainz.

Hi Ron

Mate i tryed the Smoke Signals cause the chat room was done but it rained :(
So i thought ill say Hi Hope all is well over there an all is fine here.
your aussie friend

Poul

:D

It takes soo little effort and soo little system resources to run an IRC server... Why was Auran's removed? The most people that were ever on the server were... what? 40? I have an old box in my basement that could run the IRC server just fine with a residential high speed internet account (lowest high speed.)

It might be based on IRC... but so far I have seen no way to connect to it without running Trainz... and the worst part about running it in Trainz is that you cannot see if anyone else is online... It is rather useless. I have logged into it several times and never have I found another person using it.

Yes you have to be in trainz in order to chat. Depending on witch trainz you are in as to where you can chat, in 06 it's in driver,in 09 & 10 you can chat in surveyor,rail yard & in driver. Now if you would like to chat with me then add me to your list. Now in 06 you have to add the chat to your route via the session rules. click on it next to the quick drive. when it open click on add, scrool down to online chat, click it and it done. in driver there will be box that will have 3 faces click the on the button to the left, there you add the people you want to chat with. i'll add you and when i see you on i'll say hi.

How about we, i mean the people on the forum go and start making our own IRC channel on freenode? how about we handle what auran seems to not want to handle. Im for the idea, since im sure alot of people would be grateful to have a place to chat and get help aboutt rainz rather than the forum.

How about we, i mean the people on the forum go and start making our own IRC channel on freenode? how about we handle what auran seems to not want to handle. Im for the idea, since im sure alot of people would be grateful to have a place to chat and get help aboutt rainz rather than the forum.

There already is a user-run channel set up at Auschat. The details should be in this thread... if not there is another thread here with the info.

peter

the Auschat servers are; but #trainz lost almost all of it's following after Auran dumped it (they say they might bring it back...when they get the time).

peter

I need help Installing TRS2006

Hi Evreone

I just got Trainz Railroa Simulator 2006 but when in go to install it a box comes up and it says this Please install the latest driverforyour computer hardware before running trainz. (In particular Video and Motherboard) I thot that was funny because I have the latest computar and updates and I have windows seven so it shoud work. I'm confused:confused:.
Well Bey.

Back