New BR Mk1 coaches - thanks N3V!

Yes exactly that. If it's only available on Gold membership preview and not to Tinware +Plus subscribers that's what they should have said instead instead of annoying their customers.

Thanks for confirming that Malc. Everything else in the way of DLC is on offer to me in the Content Store app attached to my TRS22 install, - it's only the Tornado Pack that's missing.

It's definitely available to normal plus people as well as gold plus people. I downloaded it and don't have gold...

Finally!

After all that I took a snap of 'Tornado' at Castleton WR just to prove it really happened. 'Tornado' itself is likely to end up being an engine shed queen, but I certainly have a use for the Blood & Custard Mk1's

MQj4EpV.jpg

I suspect that the new Tornado will only show in the Trainz Plus edition, but it may also then work in the TRS22 version (but only if it is incorrectly configured in our backend which I can't check right now).

I suspect that the new Tornado will only show in the Trainz Plus edition, but it may also then work in the TRS22 version (but only if it is incorrectly configured in our backend which I can't check right now).

It is confusing Tony. My screenshot posted above is in TRS22 and I only got access to the Tornado pack when I patched my TRS22 install to Build 119450. The fact that I'm a +Plus subscriber made no difference at all until I did the patch upgrade.

Ah - so it is configured to show only for 5.3 (which is Trainz Plus and the latest TRS22 build). So now it makes sense.

Ah - so it is configured to show only for 5.3 (which is Trainz Plus and the latest TRS22 build). So now it makes sense.

Though I don't know if the Tornado Pack is worth all the broken assets I now have after 'upgrading' to Build 119450.

Taking just Uk DLC alone the following are now showing up as faulty. Fortunately I have a backup copy of TRS22 taken before the 'upgrade'.

<kuid2:661281:100034:5> Newcastle Shunter

<kuid2:661281:100037:5> The Flying Scotsman - 1920s

<kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed that the wheels don't turn on the BFK, FK, or SK?
I haven't tried the CK or BCK but, I know they work perfectly on the RMB and BSK.

(These are the carmine models by the way, not used the blue ones yet.)

I hadn't noticed this, though a quick test confirms this is the case my end too.

I wonder if it's unique to the BR1 bogey as the commonwealth bogeys work correctly. I'll have a look at the config but no doubt a tag has been miswritten.

Cheers,

PLP

I hadn't noticed this, though a quick test confirms this is the case my end too.

I wonder if it's unique to the BR1 bogey as the commonwealth bogeys work correctly. I'll have a look at the config but no doubt a tag has been miswritten.

Cheers,

PLP

The animation file has to be named anim.kin, and should not be refrenced in the config file. Trainz automatically detects the file. It's an easy mistake for a content creator to make, and it's not easily noticed. If it's named something else, simply renaming the file should fix it.

However, as the bogies are payware I don't think you'll be able to open the config for editing (and commit) without throwing up a load of errors. We need the errors to be corrected by the asset creator.

While I'm here, I'll also add this about the liveries:

52630024765_8a1c68ad24_h.jpg

The new Mark 3 trailers have a more accurate 'blue' in their blue-grey livery than the Mk1s (ie. it has a bit more green in it.) Can the the Mk1s be corrected so they follow the Mk3s? (it's kind of baffling when both models are created by the same author!)

Final question: how do we register these change requests with N3V? Should we post a ticket with the helpdesk? If so, it would be good to pull together all of them into one ticket.

Paul

Postscript: I've just checked and can confirm that the B4 bogie does not have rotating wheels. The B1 and Commonwealth bogies are not affected. I hope this can be rectified!

Paul

Hi Paul, thank you for the additional feedback. I have added this to our task for the Tornado DLC so we can look into them further.

We'll also take another look into the enginesound to see what can be done.

Regards
Zec

Dear N3V,

I could be interested in purchasing a set of the BR MK1 coaches if they are in the correct livery colours with alternative liveries available, all bogies working, compatible with TS2019 and they're stand alone models i.e. don't come with a route or the Tornado model!

Is that too much to request? Remember, it's your loss of revenue!

Rob.

Dear N3V,

I could be interested in purchasing a set of the BR MK1 coaches if they are in the correct livery colours with alternative liveries available, all bogies working, compatible with TS2019 and they're stand alone models i.e. don't come with a route or the Tornado model!

Is that too much to request? Remember, it's your loss of revenue!

Rob.

Yeah but they get more money from you if it's in a set.

Cheerio John

However, as the bogies are payware I don't think you'll be able to open the config for editing (and commit) without throwing up a load of errors. We need the errors to be corrected by the asset creator...

...Paul
Sorry, bumping old thread!

I have recently acquired the Tornado DLC pack and have found the BR Mk1 coaches can be cloned, here are some clones of the BCK BlueGrey with alternative bogies to the original B1:

8rRbcbW.jpg

Note the Commonwealth and B4 bogies.

Cloning does throw up a load of errors but with a bit (lot!) of faffing about they can be resolved. Any re-skinning may be a somewhat lengthy process as there's a myriad of seperate texture files!

I can confirm that all 3 bogie types can be cloned and after resolving errors will commit error free.

Merry Christmas to all!

Rob.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul, good to know.

Still some errors I can see from your photos - numbers in the wrong place, missing text, and a massive piece of angle iron for the rain strips. They could be better.

Back