Northeast Corridor PHL-Wash Progress Shots

Great Progress

VERY NICE!
Great progress and so very realistic. The newer textures and assets really help to update the route and make so much difference.
Those row houses you found and the new Catenary make a big difference. I know I'll be using those a lot as we continue on, as there are a great may row houses along the route.
I also like the way the lighting effects show up. I added the cloudy skies a bit more haze to the route last time, and it looks like it shows up, especially in the last shot. Is that too much?
Looking great. This will be an incredible route.

A few more shots of residential urban Baltimore.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

A suggestion for the route, you should connect the Zoo Interlocking tracks and add streetcar tracks on the roadways that have streetcar tracks (ex: Girard Ave for Route 15, Woodland Ave for Subway-surface routes)

Thought I would ask, what does the area at Gunpowder River bridge interlocking look like at the moment?

If You guys are Struggling to find a asset for Baltimore union station I know a asset for that

(<Kuid2:210518:1112:2>)

Thanks dude! We actually already incorporated this asset into Baltimore Union Station, but we're sort of kitbashing it by adding splines and other bits to replicate how the actual station looks today vs in the 1930s. Bendoresey made this asset to represent the station as it was in the PRR era. Baltimore is a really tough area to build in Trainz as the rail infrastructure is vast and we're trying to replicate nearly all of it. There'll be some tram lines, a ton of freight and industrial switching, and Amtrak/MARC of course. I'll have to post some photos of Jeff's work in Baltimore (if I haven't already).

A suggestion for the route, you should connect the Zoo Interlocking tracks and add streetcar tracks on the roadways that have streetcar tracks (ex: Girard Ave for Route 15, Woodland Ave for Subway-surface routes)

Unlike the TS12 version of the route, Zoo interlocking is going to be fully functional, CSX Septa and Amtrak trains will be able to navigate the interlock like they do in real life. As for the streetcar tracks, it's certainly a good idea but it'd be a lot of work to build out Philly with the level of detail that we want the route to have. I'm not saying no, but if it were to happen it'd have to be someone else's project (this route is a collaborative effort). What I will say is that you'll be able to grab a Septa train from the Septa yard behind the Amtrak coach yard and run it into 30th st, then across the river into Center City. Maybe into North Philly and all the way to Wayne, but that'd be a huge project. RRSignal's dem may come in handy as I believe he stated that it could be used in another project, but I'll have to double check. We could possibly merge the routes together and have an easily solution but again I have to check the his EULA. Check out his Septa route on the DLS if you get the chance, he replicated a lot of the Septa lines north of 30th st but it's a very unfinished project, and we still don't have proper Septa rolling stock available.

Right now the Philly/30th St. area of the route is nearly identical to what you see in the TS12 built-in route. Almost the entire thing needs to be rebuilt not quite from the ground up, but almost, as a lot of it is laid out wrong. We've got some great plans but it will take awhile. It will be absolutely amazing when it's done, you have my word on that.

Thought I would ask, what does the area at Gunpowder River bridge interlocking look like at the moment?

Ask and you shall receive. Here are some VERY early progress shots of Jeff Ritter's (N5VAV) work around Perryville and Gunpowder. Jeff did a great job of kitbashing the bridge you see in the photos out of existing assets and laying down some scenery near the interlock and bridge. I will say, it's very close to what is there in real life, but as you can see there's still a ton of work to do!

ZOO Interlocking

I have been working on the ZOO Interlocking area for a couple days now. The tracks are in with the elevations, flyovers, etc. As far as the trenches, bridges, etc., with the tracks that close traditional TRAINZ tunnels won't work, so I'm experiementing with retaining walls, portals, and fill techniques to make it all look good. Surveyor wasn't designed with that level of track spacing and elevation changes in mind!
When I get it complete and looking good, I'll post some pics of the area.
The CSX Highline route is complete through the interlocking, as well is the route up to Trenton and NY. As I said, just trying to get the SEPTA lines in and scenery. Should be done this week, and will post a pic when complete.

Quick Question. Will this route include the CSX mainlines parallel to the Northeast Corridor such as the CSX Philadelphia Subdivision and the Capital Subdivision?

Quick Question. Will this route include the CSX mainlines parallel to the Northeast Corridor such as the CSX Philadelphia Subdivision and the Capital Subdivision?
Elements of the CSX mainlines will be included in this route. NS lines as well. It's not going to be a main focus, but freight traffic definitely will be present. Baltimore will include a lot of freight yards and a lot of industrial switching. Many of the CSX lines will be connected through Portals, and CSX trains will reappear and disappear as they make their way from PHL-BAL-Wash alongside the NEC. Here's a few shots of Bayview yard, a big NS/CSX freight yard just North of Baltimore.

All about the details. :)

Ask and you shall receive. Here are some VERY early progress shots of Jeff Ritter's (N5VAV) work around Perryville and Gunpowder. Jeff did a great job of kitbashing the bridge you see in the photos out of existing assets and laying down some scenery near the interlock and bridge. I will say, it's very close to what is there in real life, but as you can see there's still a ton of work to do!

Not trying to be that kind of person that takes realistic scenery way too seriously but there's actually an asset for the Amtrak Susquehanna River Bridge in Perryville on the DLS. It's made by Bendorsey if you want to take a look at it.

Just wait until you guys see the work Jeff and our other new member have been doing on revamping the Philly area trackage and building out Zoo Interlocking. It's gonna be really cool.

Quick question, is the CSX line in the Philadelphia to Wilmington area going to include CSX's yard in Wilmington Delaware at all?

Possibly. It's in the DEM. We haven't done anything on that CSX yard yet, but Jeff did do NS's Edgemoor yard which is adjacent to the NEC nearby Wilmington, just north of Wilmington I believe.

So, we might do that yard immediately, but there's a good chance we'll get to it at some point.

Back