CR/NS SD70s causing TRS19 crashes

Bluewater

Purchased and downloaded the CR and NS SD70s from the JR website today. The CM froze up while installing and I had to use task manager to shut down the sim, then restart it. I deleted the SD70s as they were showing up faulty, and reinstalled. They ended up in-game fine, but now any time I use them in driver, the sim immediately crashes back to desktop with no error messages.

I have narrowed it down to the SD70s as I was running the sim fine with two CR SD50s and the MT6 slug. There were no other on-rail assets in this session other than some JR freight cars that I have used frequently before with no issues.

Is this a common issue with these SD70s? Is there a fix for it? I'd like to use them as they are excellent models (not to mention they were payware), but if I try to, the sim becomes unusable. I've tried rebuilding the database, a restart of the sim, a restart of my computer, all without luck. I'm not all that tech savvy either so I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks

I recommend running a database repair. Close out of Trainz if you have it running. At the Launcher, click on Developer and then Rebuild database. This process can take a few minutes or longer depending on how much content you have installed.

I recommend running a database repair. Close out of Trainz if you have it running. At the Launcher, click on Developer and then Rebuild database. This process can take a few minutes or longer depending on how much content you have installed.

I've done a DB repair 3 times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the assets with a fresh download from JR just to make sure they weren't corrupted. I am still having the same issue. I also noticed that when installing these SD70s, my CPU usage goes off the charts, which again is highly unusual as this doesn't happen with other assets I have installed, and this is a high performance desktop. I don't know what it is about these models, but they are wreaking havoc on my sim and my computer.

EDIT: I deleted TRS19 and did a fresh download and updated to the latest SP. For whatever reasons, all my content was still there. I have also now learned that this issue includes the CR B36-7 as well, made by the same creator as the SD70s. I am having no trouble with JR assets as well as other creators' assets on the same route, so for whatever reason, these specific assets are causing a fatal error in the sim.

Last edited:
Check that your sound drivers are current, these use a different bitrate of sound recordings and that's honestly the only difference but this has not been an issue for 99% or more of other users at this time so it leads us to believe its something to do with a sound driver issue locally versus a content related issue overall.

Last edited:
Check that your sound drivers are current, these use a different bitrate of sound recordings and that's honestly the only difference but this has not been an issue for 99% or more of other users at this time so it leads us to believe its something to do with a sound driver issue locally versus a content related issue overall.

My drivers are up to date. I'm using bluetooth headphones, and everything appears up to date. Still having game crashes.

EDIT: tested without bluetooth, game seems stable. Appreciate the info!

Last edited:
Back