Train hits truck carrying 134 foot concrete beam

Based on the whole statement (red light) moving or not he DID stop, and the stupid [REDACTED] did so with his load across the tracks.

I am guessing he stopped, but then heard the bells and knew he had better move, but could not move in time.

It is fairly cool (if terrible) to watch a train derailment on fairly HD video. like you can see the rail bending in front of the loco before it rolls. Hope the crew is alright, looked rough!

That's a great video, thanks 1611Mac! A really nice review of how the knuckle couplers work too, around 3:30 - 4 minutes, explaining all the parts.

I’m away from my computer at the moment, visiting family for the holidays, and using my iPhone to post this, but V12 Productions, a YouTube channel based out of Atlanta, Georgia that covers Atlanta-related railroad events, posted a Short on his YouTube Channel about this derailment, in which he states that two injured NS crewmen were taken to local hospitals. Also, YouTuber Hobo Shoestring posted in the community section on his YouTube Channel someone actually caught the derailment on camera and posted it to YouTube.

That's a great video, thanks 1611Mac! A really nice review of how the knuckle couplers work too, around 3:30 - 4 minutes, explaining all the parts.

You're welcome. I was surprised at the time spent on couplers... pleasantly surprised. I was really in awe of the presentation itself also. The creativity and just what it must have taken (time and effort) from concept to final video.

Yesterday, V12 Productions, an Atlanta-based YouTube channel focusing on railfanning the Atlanta area, posted this video on the derailment:

Thank you for that follow-up video. They did some pretty quick work to get that line opened back up. As bnsfc mentioned, those rails were really bending up ahead of the locomotive. It is nice to get some further information. It seems so often you never hear any further details.

Back