Trainz Living Railroad

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
The prototype system identifies and schedules individual deliveries between two industries. Players can dynamically adjust industry inputs and outputs, pause and resume schedules, and take control of any train.
Does this sound like the scheduling system that has been requested for a dog's age?
I wonder if players will be able to do more than just pause and resume schedules? Hopefully, they will also be able to go in and modify or even create them. Now wouldn't that be a major step forward? :cool:

I'm looking forward to this. Will it be a separate price? Subscription based? Ias there a link to the details I've missed.
With thanks -

This is still very much in the concept stage except for some early prototype work on a freight management system module. It will appear in Trainz Plus first likely later in 2023 is my guess. HD terrain and DX12 are in the development cycle as well and will likely appear first. It just depends on how much revenue they have to spend on man hours.

There are what details are available: https://info.trainzsimulator.com/trainz-plus#trainzoptions

Notice that some areas are listed under future plans. This appears to be another phased development™ project.

Last edited:
Thank you Wreeder and others here on new items in the Future.......;)

I will probably need to order a new Laptop, mine is coming up on 5 yrs, and I don't think a NVIDIA 1050 GTI is going to work well in the Graphic side of this equation. As well, a much larger hard drive, and more powerful CPU all relative in this case per my Geeky mind. Just thinking out loud. :hehe:

Especially if they off load Clutter to GPU, that is something else I am thinking about as I watch how my Frame Rates are with existing Trainz Engine.....Etc. :wave:

I'm also very interested in this! I tried setting up CMTM a while ago but never got it working well and it was a headache to get going initially as I recall. session rules, car lists, routing etc..

I'd love it if I could just make a session with a bunch of rolling stock placed throughout and have the system tell me what cars need to go where and let me have at it.

This, combined with HD terrain and Surveyor 2.0.. I pretty much have to do the membership route now as there's a lot of value there.

According to today's newsletter, for some features Trainz+ isn't enough, you have to apply for alpha.

Trainz Plus Alpha

Due to the magnitude of the HD Terrain and TLR changes, we're running an opt-in Alpha test. This will be a stand-alone build as all work done in the Alpha build will be throw away work

Register your interest to be part of the upcoming Alpha Test phase here.

As an aside, using 'here' as a link is not ideal for accessibility. Links should be descriptive of where they are going to so 'Register your interest to be part of the upcoming Alpha Test phase' would be clearer.

Last edited:
I think the Alpha testing is just because they don't want to add these features to the existing codebase and risk a major problem. Easier to branch the code and add these features in for testing. Hence the reason it is a throw away build. Good move in my mind. Plus a NDA may be involved for obvious reasons. These are some pretty ground breaking features, you don't want the competition seeing what you are up to.

This would tempt me to buy 22, but to have to have a monthly subscription to have TLR is a bit much for me, I cannot afford to drop $100/Cdn PY for a game feature, same reason I don't own a smart phone, cannot afford the monthly gouging fees. Too bad too, but I can always just keep using tunnels and emit trains to go from tunnel 1 to tunnel 2 to create traffic. If TLR were part of the base game then yes, I would purchase 22 basic.

I would be interested to see how well 22 is selling compared to 19, and which version people are opting for since basic 22 only provides the new surveyor and the same content that was in 19.

TRS22 does not have Surveyor 2.0 but it does have more than 2000 new high quality assets included that are not available any where else. And it has all the bug fixes that have been fixed since TRS19 SP5 came out. Sign up to be in the Alpha test. It is free as far as I know.

TRS22 does not have Surveyor 2.0 but it does have more than 2000 new high quality assets included that are not available any where else. And it has all the bug fixes that have been fixed since TRS19 SP5 came out. Sign up to be in the Alpha test. It is free as far as I know.

But the new assets require a subscription if I am not mistaken, they do not come with the base game (yes/no?) I thought 22 had surveyor 2.0, it isn't part of 19 that is for sure, at least not part of my 19.

TRS22 (retail purchase) comes with the UDS (also found in TRS19PE) and MultiPlayer Surveyor (not found in TRS19PE) plus other non-TRS19 features and content. See the Trainz22 link at the top of this page and scroll about halfway down to "New Features".

Trainz Plus (subscription only) comes with all the TRS22 features PLUS Surveyor 2.0 and additional content and other benefits. Trainz Plus with Gold membership expands the list of content and benefits. The TRS22 link above lists these in the first half of the page.

A subscription, yearly or monthly with or without the Gold membership option, is never going to be within everyone's budget or preferences so single outright retail purchase will always be an option. The retail version will always be behind the subscription version in terms of features and other benefits. Otherwise what would be the attraction for getting the subscription?

TRS22 contains some Trainz Plus features that were not present in TRS19 (Standard version) or in TRS19PE. I would expect that the next retail release of Trainz (TRS25??) will contain some Trainz Plus features not found in TRS22. If you like, you can think of the Trainz Plus users as part of the beta (or in some cases, the alpha) testing team for the next retail release of Trainz:D

My thoughts.

The TRS22 exclusive assets are included in the base game and are dependencies of the new routes. Trainz Plus subscription is to access new and in development features.
The base game is good value for the new routes alone, look for a discount in the Christmas time sales. Trainz Plus is good value for the added First Class Ticket and gives access to the new Surveyor and any newly released features that are not part of the base game.

Really excited for this feature. I wonder how it can interact with portals. Would be cool if a route needed cars if it could pull trains from a carpool in the portal and spawn trains into the map.

What I'd love to see is 'smart passengers' who want to go from one station to somewhere else on the map by changing trains like in City Skylines.

Kind regards,

Gary

I can't see that happening in the foreseeable future Gary, but a combination of Trainz and Transport Fever would perhaps be a game changer. Pete

I just registered my interest in the living railroad among the other things listed here, I for one will glady do away with tryng to set up rules for switching, passenger and freight trains with the end game of having realistic railroad operations.

Back